Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Nonna

Hybrid View

Nonna

My mother's name is Donna, which I despise. She goes by her nickname, Nonna, most of the time. I've been thinking about honoring lately and I rather like it. Do you think it could work as a first or middle name?

I'd like to go ahead and acknowledge that I do know Nonna is also the Italian word for grandmother. However, I'm not too concerned with that as I'm just namestorming.

Thanks!
    new username @finch

Nonna is actually used in Russia too. I think it is fine for a first name but I am not sure it will flow as a middle.

Quote Originally Posted by mclevine View Post
    Nonna is actually used in Russia too. I think it is fine for a first name but I am not sure it will flow as a middle.
    You have a very good point about it's flow (and use). It does seem to fit better as a first name.

Thank you!
    new username @finch

I'm looking for more opinions, good or bad.

new username @finch

Maybe use Anona, Winona, or Nanon and Nonna as a nickname?
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell