Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Nonna

My best friend is named Rhiannon, but goes by the nickname Nonny. But I'm sure you could use the nickname Nonna for that. I think it's nice to honour your mum, as long as you don't mind the grandmother connection.
    Libby Felicity Annalise Isla Phoebe Carina Violet Martha Ariana | Iowan Macsen Henry Isaac Jude Freddie Aneurin Niall Adair

I am also Italian, and grew up calling my paternal grandmother Nonna. I just don't think I could ever get past it.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

I don't like it. If I wanted to honor a Donna, I would consider Donella, Donica, Donita, or perhaps even Madonna (only as a middle name for this one).
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

What about Nina? It's very similar, but she still gets her own name,

Have I told you all how amazing you are lately?

You've given a lot of great, honest opinions and suggestions. I really appreciate it. And for someone who used to study lists of Saints I cannot believe I didn't think of St. Nonna.

I don't think I'd ever use the name but between my mother and St. Nonna it might not be too bad.

Thanks berries.
    new username @finch