Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Name dilemma... in need of some advice!

Okay so I am in LOVE with the name Felix and it has become one of my favorite names of all time. However our last name is German and starts with Sch. I'm afraid that Felix will clash with it and be too hard to say fn and ln together. What do you guys think and would you use it anyway?

Thanks berries!
    Married for almost 2 wonderful years and dreaming about starting a family in the near future!

Felix ~ Atticus ~ Hugo ~ Leo ~ Maximus ~ Sebastian ~ Caspian ~ Evander

Sage ~ Penelope ~ Vittoria ~ Lucilla ~ Liv ~ Hermione ~ Wilhelmina~ Rowena

Mischa I'm going to assume your last name is Schwartz (for simplicity sake).
    In German Felix Schwartz sounds absolutely fine and without any odd complications. I can see how in English it's a bit more trouble-some but I think that the -x and Sch- sounds are distinctive enough that (at least in my accent) it's hard to make them blend in unfortunate ways.

I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Felix and wish it weren't becoming so popular in the US. It's almost breaking my heart. It's the only name that's really stuck with me since I was 8.
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)

Felix Sch... mightn't be the easiest name to say, but if you LOVE Felix, I wouldn't let that stop you from using it! It's a great name.
    TTC #1

Alice - Beatrix - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Harriet - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

I think it will be fine. I you love Felix, go for it. And Felix is a strong clear name that has to be spoken to its last syllable anyway, so folks aren't really likely to slur it together with your last name.

It is a little tongue twister.. BUT in reality how often is the full name said? and is it bad enough to be a deal breaker? NO!!!

Go with your heart!
    BABY GIRL FINALLY DUE 5 October after 2 Years of IVF
    Delivery booked: Debuting on or before 26th September!

Current favourite "top" 3 girls names for little Miss: Phoebe Rose Eloise
    Other (MNs probably) we like: Matilda Madeleine Charlotte Eliza Violet Kate Jade Elizabeth Iris Scarlett Felicity Chloe

Current (but never to be used...) favourite boy names: Oliver Thomas Henry William Alexander Flynn Liam Hugo Isaac Bennett Nikolai Reid Edward nn Ned Gus Tobias Austin Blake