Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    It's KAH-riss in England, but Americans/Canadians pronounces the "a" differently than we do, so I assume CARE-iss would be the right one (normal one?) over the pond. (This is something we should all keep in mind when talking about pronunciation )
    Last edited by ottilie; April 18th, 2013 at 11:28 AM.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by uselesskitty View Post
    How do you pronounce carrot? In Canada carrot is pronounced "care-ret".
    KAH-ret. You know the snake in the Jungle Book called Kaa? Like that at the start.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

Quote Originally Posted by ksheja View Post
    I'm American and I pronounce Carys with a short a as in cat - not care-is. I'm from New York. I also don't pronounce Ariel like air-ee-el, or Carrie like care-ee. And I don't pronounce Erin and Aaron the same way. It's the merry-Mary-marry thing. In some US regions, they sound the same. To me, they are completely distinct.

This. I'm from the Philadelphia area, and I can't really portray how I pronounce it, because it's not CAR or CARE... kind of if you say "car" with a weird half right Boston accent. Maybe short a as in cat would be the best way to describe it.
    The Future Littles:
    Delaney Lynne, Mallory June, Bridget Victoria, Rachel MarloweBrandon Erich, Daniel Kent, Nolan ____

I've pronounced it rhyming with Paris

Quote Originally Posted by rockabella2009 View Post
    I've pronounced it rhyming with Paris
    Yeah, this is a good way of describing it.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.