Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Baby naming is making me miserable!

Berries help! Baby naming is killing me! Here is a little background. We are finally having a girl , after 3 boys! We lost my mom in January and i feel compelled to honor her some how. Her name was Diane, but I am not fond of it. She loved butterflies, and i came across the name Eilir ( pronounced Ah-Leer) which is Welsh for butterfly. I love it for a middle name, everyone else seems to hate it My favorite so far is ROWEN EILIR. My husband feels it is too masculine.
    These are a few of the names i like;
    Rowen
    Loxley
    Everly
    Please help!!!! Opinions, suggestions! I like unusual, different names. This is supposed to be fun. HELP!

I had that same problem naming my first.
    So I decided to use 2nd middle name to honor so i could use another name I liked.
    Could you use your moms middle name?

Rowan Everly Diane
    Rowan Adelaide Diane
    Rowan Felicity Diane
    Rowan Josephine Diane
    Rowan Mackenzie Diane
    Mom to Tess, Kaia, Jasper and dogs Brody, Max and Felix

*Penelope Sadie Kite* Piper Olive Cordelia* Phoebe Clementine Hope* Hattie Vivian Jewel* Willa Florence Eve*

*Finn Wesley Joseph* Ezra Calvin David* Judah Theodore Henry* Leo Abram James*

Have you considered using a variation of Diane instead? There's Diana, of course, or if you'd like something more unusual, Diantha.

I like Rowan the best of your first name ideas. Loxley reminds me of salmon spread. Everly is okay, but I prefer Waverly.

Rowan Diana, Rowan Diantha, Waverly Diana or Waverly Diantha would be lovely.

Good luck!

What are y'all's opinion on Eilir? Too out there?

I think Eilir is beautiful! All 3 of your names Rowen Eilir, Loxley Eilir and Everly Eilir flow nicely. My favorite is Loxley Eilir. Loxley is such a sweet name! Using Diane or Diana as a second middle name is also quite Chic!

Some others might be.......

Leela
    Deanna
    Kami
    Theola
    Fedora
    Divina
    Diandra
    Deana
    Dayana
    Dione
    Dyani
    Dia

Diane means Divine and these names are close to that meaning.