Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brookiebear77 View Post
    Mariposa has already been vetoed by all the guys. I think am pretty set on Eilir as the middle name.I do like the idea of possibly using two. Right now inam leaning towards EVERLY EILIR-DIANE.But I do appreciate all the input
    I would drop the hyphen.
    Mama to ~Rowan Josephine 1/12~
    and ~Teagan Dahlia~ 5/13~

I agree with Blade completely.
    You dont need to use Eilir if youre using Diane. 1 name is enough to honor. If youre willing to use Diane as a second middle, Eilir is really unnecessary. Use that slot for something you are head over heels for.

If youre interested in 2 middles, heres the formula I used with all of my 6 named babies:
    1-2-3 syllabes. could be in different orders, but it helps with flow. 2 of mine have 2-2-2 syllables.
    Diane is grounded. You can use a more modern name up front, paired with a lovely flowy middle. 1 very unusual name is enough, especially in a 3 name combo.

Hope this helps!
    so beautiful you are honoring the memory of your mom <3
    Mom to Tess, Kaia, Jasper and dogs Brody, Max and Felix

*Penelope Sadie Kite* Piper Olive Cordelia* Phoebe Clementine Hope* Hattie Vivian Jewel* Willa Florence Eve*

*Finn Wesley Joseph* Ezra Calvin David* Judah Theodore Henry* Leo Abram James*

I quite love Eilir, actually! It sounds very melodic. I'm not terribly fond of Rowan on a girl--I love it for a boy!--but I do think something along the lines of Everly Eilir (or even Ever Eilir, or Evangeline Eilir, Evelyn Eilir, Evelina Eilir, Eva Eilir, nn Evie?) would be super sweet. I also love the idea of Charlotte Eilir... It seems like you lean more toward unisex, but I think with Eilir (which seems a bit gender ambiguous to begin with) you need a more feminine first name, or at least a unisex name that is undeniably girl (which I can't really think of any that are that way--then again, I am quite a fan of unisex names on boys, as you'll see in my signature. I think Felicity Eilir or Verity Eilir would be lovely, too.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Grace + Eleni
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Caspar + Grant + Rory

I am pretty set on Eilir for the middle name. My mother was never particularly fond of Diane herself. I think she would really love the nod to butterflies. She always wore atleast one butterfly everyday. I am a little surprised at the response towards Everly. It does not feel trendy or made up to me at all, and definitely feels feminine. None the less, I appreciate all the feedback and suggestions.

How about Artemis? The Greek equivalent of Diana is beautiful, unusual but a little more familiar than Eilir.
    Thrilled to be mother to @gnes Ei1ish Madeline and Fe1icity Bridget Be@trice

If we'd had boys the list was: Godfrey, Seamus, Alexander, Michael, Felix, Peter, Ignatius & Sebastian.