Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I went to school with a girl called Anoushka who quite often went by Anouk. So it's all girl for me.

I did see a few people suggest using it anyway/that it was a traditionally male name on your FB post, which also prompted me to google "Anouk boys name"! Like you, I had no joy -- for obvious reasons!

Have your kids come up with any good suggestions? My cousin's 4 year old wanted her parents to name her baby sister Hank!
    Leo Sebastian l Ronan Alexander

current loves
    Felix l Finn l Moss l Heath l Fern l Veda l Tui l Blythe

Quote Originally Posted by catheyc View Post
    I've heard this name somewhere, but I can't place it. I know it was on a girl, though. So this definitely feels feminine to me. Although I see that NB says it's the French and Dutch version of Anna, but for some reason I thought it was Inuit and meant something else. I have no idea where that "knowledge" is coming from though, so maybe I just made it up at some point and have started believing it. You never know.

Either way, it's still a girl's name. Not sure why folks think it's a boy's name. Maybe they're getting it confused with something similar?
    Maybe this is why you thought it was an Inuit name? http://www.babynames.com/name/ANOUK
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Quote Originally Posted by rin View Post
    I went to school with a girl called Anoushka who quite often went by Anouk. So it's all girl for me.

I did see a few people suggest using it anyway/that it was a traditionally male name on your FB post, which also prompted me to google "Anouk boys name"! Like you, I had no joy -- for obvious reasons!

Have your kids come up with any good suggestions? My cousin's 4 year old wanted her parents to name her baby sister Hank!
    I am glad you did the same because I was honestly really confused and the girl who said it first didn't reply to me when I asked where it was traditionally used for boys! Ahhh, I am glad that you found the same as me or I'd be up all night wondering what I was missing.

Anouk is ALL-GIRL. Why don't you ask whoever gave you the erroneous idea that it was a boys name where on earth they got that information?
    All the best,
    Mischa.

All girl to me too.
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!