Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I love your style and all of your names. Aurelia is gorgeous! And I love Cordelia, Aurora, Ariadne, Annabel for a girl. And Leo, Tristan, Milo, Henry, and Rowan for a boy. I also love the suggestions of Natalia, Clementine, Helena, Julia, Aria, Cecilia, Willa, and Charlotte.

A few other suggestions...

Girls-
    Lavinia
    Anais
    Genevieve
    Colette
    Ophelia
    Isaline
    Iris
    Clara
    Mariana
    Isla
    Thalia
    Sylvie
    Isolde
    Juliet
    Katherina
    Eden
    Lucienne
    Ondine
    Mila
    Ivy
    Esme
    Pearl
    Edith
    Matilda
    Evangeline
    Lilith
    Lila
    Rosalind
    Juniper
    Natasha
    Josephine
    Tess
    Eleanor
    Elodie
    Cora
    Gabrielle
    Blythe
    Alexandrine
    Lyra

Boys-
    Silas
    Isaac
    Holden
    Atticus
    Callum
    Rafferty
    Theo/Theodore
    Sebastian
    Augustus
    Quentin
    Rhys
    Sawyer
    Gideon
    Everett
    Liam
    Charlie
    Alistair
    Malcolm
    Julian
    Atlas
    Dante
    Griffin
    Cian
    Cassius
    Orion
    Phineas
    Ezekiel
    Vincent

I kind of went all over the place stylistically, but hopefully you'll find something that inspires you!
    Girls- Winter, Eden, Colette, River, Charlotte.
    Boys- Atticus, Eliot, Milo, Gideon, Malcolm.

I love your name choices! My husband and I are totally butting heads too in similar ways.

I think Beatrix and Marisol are lovely and not at all too popular. Ariana/Ariadne/Aurora are nice, too - can't help with pronunciations in other languages.

You've already gotten a lot of name suggestions, so I'll throw just one more girl name in: Eliora. It's Hebrew and means "light," and it feels similar to some name trends right now but isn't a name you'll find very frequently. I'd guess you could say it fairly easily in other languages, too.

Boy names are so, so hard in general (for me at least) and it sounds like you're majorly at odds. I like the Silas + Elias + Reuben suggestions above - again with the Hebrew names! - so I'll throw in a few more of the same ilk: Saul, Emmett, Ezra.

Looking forward to hearing what you guys pick eventually...maybe it will inspire me/my husband!
    Courtney (larking.)
    blog and Etsy shop

baby girl #2 due August 2013

Beatrix * Benjamin * Blythe * Bronwyn * Caleb * Eamon * Elliott * Emmett * Hazel * Imogen * Isaac
    Linnea * Lorelei * Maeve * Maren * Owen * Phoebe * Reuben * Saul * Silas * Siobhan * Sylvie * Willa

Oh wow, your sort of in the same boat as me. (Well I'm not pregnant but with language requirements - English, German and Spanish).
    Check out my top 10 (signature below).

Otherwise off the top of my head: Paloma, Noelle, Lucas, Henry, Alvar, Hector, Hugo, Leopold, Oscar, Sebastian, Theodor, Vincent, Carlotta/Charlotte, Theresa and Julia.
    Endora & Lorelei
    trying to narrow down.....Dexter, Victor, Gideon, Hendrik, Oberon, Cedric
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)]

Oh my goodness! I'm used to a much, much quieter name forum, so I'm excited to see all these responses! I don't think I can quote multiple posts, so I'll just respond in one big post:

My issue with Beatrix's popularity isn't it's current ranking (I know it's rather unpopular, still), but that's it been making massive jumps the past few years, and I've seen many articles in baby magazines and online citing names that will be making a comeback or are going to be a new trend, and every one has included Beatrix.

I love lots of these suggestions - many are already on my general list of names, but didn't make it as top contenders for this baby, but perhaps I'll need to rethink that.

Quote Originally Posted by bnoelle View Post

A few other suggestions...

Girls-
    Lavinia - Not a fan
    Anais - This is so pretty! I don't know about spelling/pronunciation, but it's also short enough that that shouldn't be a big problem.
    Genevieve - I love this!
    Colette - Don't like it...I don't typically like -ett names, although there are a few exceptions (Henrietta, Loretta)
    Ophelia - I love this too, but worry about the association and people always say it makes them think of the phrase "oh, feel ya" which turns me off a bit.
    Isaline - I've never seen this before, it's pretty!
    Iris - LOVE! But mostly as a middle name, a bit too short/harsh for a FN for me
    Clara - A little boring.
    I really like/love
    Isolde
    Juliet
    Katherina
    Ondine
    Mila
    Ivy
    Pearl - as a middle!
    Edith
    Evangeline - a bit too much for me, but I think it's beautiful
    Lilith - I would probably like this if I didn't write a short film on the biblical Lilith
    Rosalind
    Juniper
    Josephine
    Eleanor
    Cora - as a nn for Cordelia or Coralie, I like it!
    Alexandrine - I would probably love this if my name wasn't Alexandra

Boys-
    Silas
    Sebastian - but a bit too long for a boy's name, I think.
    Augustus
    Quentin
    Sawyer
    Atlas
    Cassius
    Orion
    !
    As you can tell, I'm pickier with boy's names!

ETA: I had quoted and replied to more responses, but this is the only one showing up