Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    We're expecting a baby in August, who will be brother or sister for our three-year-old, Dominic Joseph (who also gets called DomDom, DJ or Nico) We're not finding out the gender and we're having problems agreeing on a name. It took us several months to come up with our son's name last time, and not finding out means we have to come up with two, one for each gender.

My girl list:
    Maria
    Rebecca
    Francesca
    Charlotte
    Olivia

His girl list:
    Paige
    Lily
    Ella (I think this is too close to cousin Eleanor)
    Chloe
    Hannah
    Grace

what about using one of your names and 1 of his names.. for instance.. You like maria..

You could have maria paige (mn) OR
    Rebecca Lily

I personally like to go with domonic either Charlotte or Olivia

perhaps Charlotte Hannah / Charlotte Lilly
    Or
    Olivia Paige / Olivia Grace.. then you have a ways of getting both names that you and your OH like ... xxx

others that go with Dominic might be...

Angelina
    Josephine
    Gabriella
    Felicity
    Jessica
    Danielle
    Mónica
    Melissa
    Samantha
    Jessica
    Elizabeth
    Nicolette
    Sophia

Middle names could be...

Mary
    Anne
    Marie
    Anna
    Maria
    Megan
    Emily
    Jane
    Lucy
    Emma
    Amy
    Rose
    Frances
    Ann
    Claire
    Alice
    Ella
    Click a name to browse or + to add it to the search list:
    Dani, (U.K Mumma) Love my kids Bailey & Liberty {stepmum to angel Calium 17/4/02-25/06/02} ❤ Future daughter's name will be Kairi Peyton ❤

Faves: (B) Phoenix, Elijah, Zeke, Logan, Vincent, Talon, Castiel, Kye, Auron, Xavier, Orion, Gunner, Aeydn, Roman, Zephyr
    (G) Asharlia/Aschalia, Maddilynn, Ksenia, Genevieve, Isabeau, Talia, Marnie, Wynter, Sofia, Emery/Emmarie, Elyse, Myka, Bonnie, Schyler (nn Chyler)

I'm not too bothered about a Spanish feel, we're not Spanish, but I feel that with a really common surname I want something with a bit more sparkle to it. I think it's more about the length, three syllable names feel a lot more interesting to me than a one syllable name, that's what I'm getting from looking over our lists again. I don't know what it is about his names that just don't appeal to me, I know the names on my list are pretty common as well but I don't care about that, they just seem to have more 'spark' than his do if that makes sense?

I agree with most of the other posters - I don't really see a difference in your naming styles. Your husband's choice of names actually feel like they have more "spark" than yours does. I think the major difference between the two lists in the number of syllables. Yours tend to be longer and his shorter. Genevieve, maybe? You can get Gen or Eve/ie for short, which he might like.

I think that maybe you could use a name from each list, one for the fn and one for the mn.

Combos with that idea in mind:
    Franchesca Paige
    Maria Grace
    Hannah Charlotte
    Olivia Paige
    Rebecca Grace
    Lily Rebecca

I like Francesca and Charlotte. Paige or Grace would be great middle names.