Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Advice Please!!

Advice Please!!

We have narrowed down to two names for our soon to be arriving baby girl. Big Brother is Isaac Alexander, and we have a somewhat long last name...what should baby sister be called?

- Naomi Faith
    - Molly Josephine

First Names
    We love Naomi and its meanings (beautiful, delightful, truth), and think of it as a unique biblical name - don't know anyone with this name. It doesn't seem to pop up on any popularity lists which is a good thing for us. The hesitation is that someone recently mentioned it is making a "comeback" and we don't want to have the top name of 2013!!! Molly is meaningful to us as it means "wished for child", although there are some less desirable meanings out there. We think of it as cute, and somewhat common but not a super trendy/popular name.

Middle Names
    Faith is just a name we like for its meaning, and Josephine is a family name on both sides. Any other ideas for middle names?

Nicknames
    Any cute nickname ideas for the first names?

Thanks so much for your help!!!

I honestly don't think you got a "comeback" name in Naomi! Although it's a name I see a lot of people mention I have rarely seen it in use! Naomi is a beautiful name and I like it a lot better than Molly. I wouldn't trade off my favourite name because of popularity fears.

Have you checked where Naomi ranks in your national name list? Is it even on there? If it isn't or is out of the top 50 I wouldn't worry about it shooting to the top 20s.

I highly doubt Naomi is going to be one of the "Name stars" of 2013 =)

Oh nn ideas:

Mia
    Mao
    Nim
    Nan
    Mimi
    Noa (anagram)
    Ami

I absolutely love Naomi (actually Noemí, but it's the same name) for the same reasons you do- the meaning. I think more people will like Molly Josephine, as Josephine is a huge NB favorite. I don't think Naomi is going to make any huge jumps in popularity. It doesn't fit with the same style as the top names. It's a great choice if you want a recognizable choice that is not mega-popular.

It's so funny because Isaac is one of my top choices for a boy. Naomi and Isaac would make a very handsome sibset.

I really like Mimi and Noa as nn options.
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

Wow, Naomi and Isaac together -- just perfect! Naomi is a lovely name and I never realized it had such nice meanings! I don't picture it gaining drastically in popularity, so I would go for it!

Molly is a sweet name, but I don't think it works as well as Naomi.

If you are looking for other middle name ideas:
    Naomi Lark (I like the meaning/connotation of this)
    Naomi Sage
    Naomi Josette (Still honors Josephine, but flows better and I think you'll like the meaning )
    Naomi Elsa (nice meaning)

I hope that helps!
    Not expecting, just planning and building lists!