Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Amusing Discovery: Food-Insipred Baby Names

>Food-Inspired Baby Names are booming. Edible names are super hot. Among the most popular, according to babycenter.com: Honey (up more than 100 percent last year) and Clementine (up 25 percent). As usual, celebrities are leading the way: Drew Barrymore and Jason Bateman both recently named their babies after food (Olive and Maple, respectively). "Children and food are two things people love, so it makes sense," says Linda Murray, a senior vice president at the website. "I haven't met a Cupcake yet, but I'm expecting to soon.<

Who knew!? lol.

I was amused to stumble across this new revelation last night while perusing my new Food Network Magazine (May 2013). Seriously that's all it said -> yet I still expect to see a spike in food related names being used by major (and want-to-be) foodies after this. (The article was accompanied by a picture - which was larger than the article - of bibs with the names Olive, Clementine, Sage, Apple and Maple).

I know this isn't news to us but I thought it was fun to see that even food magazines are reporting on naming trends.
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

Interesting, thanks for sharing!

I just named my daughter Maple. She's three weeks old. I've had her name picked out for over a year now. Bummer, I hope it doesn't take of too much!
    Rebecca
    Lover of names.
    Mama to Jet (given name is Jackson Eric, initials are JET), Maple Darling and two great step-sons who I did not have the pleasure of naming

Still on the hunt for the perfect name, in case we have another!

Puppy babies- Jasper and Ruth

I've seen Plum mentioned a bunch of times over the past year or so. I also love Marjolaine (French fr marjoram) and Rosemary, and I've seen Saffron before, too. I can see this theme taking off. It's a natural progression from flower names... these plant-food names are an extension of botanical names, so it makes sense. Interesting!
    Lucia
    Sela, Iris, Bronwen, Eleanora and Bastian, Fletcher, Gideon, Edmund

How funny, I'd consider Maple a nature name far more than a food name. I guess you eat maple syrup, but I connect it far more to the tree.

I like the name Olive and I think Sage is a great mn. Not so wild about Clementine or Honey. And honestly I think Apple is rather silly.

I actually really like Caraway and Coriander - I believe both of the seeds are eaten, but again I'd consider them nature names more than anything else.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin