Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is Lyndon trendy?

I'd like to name a son Lyndon in the future, but I'm worried it may be interpreted as trendy, with its Jaydon/Braydon sort of vibe and the "y" as a vowel. I feel like the Linden spelling is ok, but a little feminine. Any thoughts?

I wouldn't say it is trendy. I can see where you might worry about that with the "y" thing. But actually I think it is an underused classic.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (7), Genevieve Susan (2), and angel baby Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014).

Hoping to welcome another little one into our family in 2015.

Girls: Bridget, Elizabeth, Isadora, Felicity, Helena, Marianne, Violet, Penelope, Ophelia, Victoria
    Boys: Sebastian, Everett, Julian, Henry, Caspian, Desmond, Arthur, Nicholas, Anthony, Barnaby

It's absolutely trendy, and even though it was shared by a president the Lyndon spelling still looks kree8tiv. Linden, on the other hand, is a strong unisex choice, which I think leans more to the boys' side than the girls'.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Wren or Simon Adler | Alice Violetta or Atlas Dov | Julian 'Jules' River or Juniper 'Joon' Lovelace | Roscoe Fox or Marlowe Fritz | Jane Lucinda or Lucien Wilde | Louisa Valor or Eloise March | Ivan Elliot or Iris Cordelia | August Jack or Jasper Hale | Dashiell Jude or Judah Reeve | Thea Marina or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Finnegan Wallace or Felix Raphael

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

It fits with the trends. I don't think it's made up sounding. I immediately thought of LBJ. I would really cool if I met a kid with this name. I am really liking it now, but am not likely to use it. Good Luck!
    PS The e spelling seems more trendy. Aidan was a classic name now often misspelt Aiden. It's Jayden in the top ten. It's Ayden/Braeden/Caden. I think all of the little boys I now have -en in the end, except for one -an. I prefer Lyndon.
    Last edited by emilyva; April 17th, 2013 at 12:30 AM.

Lyndon does look trendy because of the Y. Linden is unisex but it's leans masculine and is far more common for boys. I wouldn't be surprised if people assumed Lyndon was your attempt to feminize Linden- like Emmersyn or Madisyn.

Shea * Jade * Azure * Fox * Greer * Blaise
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Linden * Arden