Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is Lyndon trendy?

I'd like to name a son Lyndon in the future, but I'm worried it may be interpreted as trendy, with its Jaydon/Braydon sort of vibe and the "y" as a vowel. I feel like the Linden spelling is ok, but a little feminine. Any thoughts?

I wouldn't say it is trendy. I can see where you might worry about that with the "y" thing. But actually I think it is an underused classic.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). TTC #5

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

It's absolutely trendy, and even though it was shared by a president the Lyndon spelling still looks kree8tiv. Linden, on the other hand, is a strong unisex choice, which I think leans more to the boys' side than the girls'.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Marlowe | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

It fits with the trends. I don't think it's made up sounding. I immediately thought of LBJ. I would really cool if I met a kid with this name. I am really liking it now, but am not likely to use it. Good Luck!
    PS The e spelling seems more trendy. Aidan was a classic name now often misspelt Aiden. It's Jayden in the top ten. It's Ayden/Braeden/Caden. I think all of the little boys I now have -en in the end, except for one -an. I prefer Lyndon.
    Last edited by emilyva; April 17th, 2013 at 12:30 AM.

Lyndon does look trendy because of the Y. Linden is unisex but it's leans masculine and is far more common for boys. I wouldn't be surprised if people assumed Lyndon was your attempt to feminize Linden- like Emmersyn or Madisyn.

Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Fox * Greer
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Linden * Arden