Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Isla and...

Isla and...

Hi everyone,
    Husband and I are currently TTC with baby #2. We have a 3 year old girl, Isla Harper. At the moment I'm loving Margot Emeline, and Norah Emeline for a girl, and husband loves Jules Nathaniel for a boy. Are Norah and Isla too matchy? Do Isla and Margot sound good together? Is Jules too nicknamy? I don't mind Julian, but husband likes just Jules. Help? Thanks!

I really like both Margo and Nora (prefer it without the h). Both go well with Isla. I do not think Nora is at all matchy with Isla. I do not like the middle name Emeline however, as names beginning with Em and names ending with - line both seem a bit overdone. Also, Emeline strikes me as very different than Harper.

Jules strikes me as a girls name because of I have know three girls/women who use that as a nickname for Julia or Juliana. I do think Julian or Jude would work better than Jules for a boy.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

My Nana is an Emily, so wanted to honour her name in some way, so thought Emeline/emmeline would be nice. Also Isla's middle name is a nod to Harper Lee, and thought Emmeline would be a great reference to another strong lady, Emmeline Pankhurst. My husband is a big sci Fi fan, hence Jules (Jules Verne). Nathaniel is a family name, as is Margot (kind of, Margaret). I would prefer Julian though. Thanks for your feedback! Was worried about Norah and Isla sounding too similar...

I like Norah and Isla together - I don't think they are too similar. Norah Emeline or even Norah Emily are both very pretty.
    Anastasia Pearl, Caroline Audrey, Catherine Maeve,
    Elizabeth Jane, Grace Charlotte, Rose Genevieve

Benjamin Clark, Jack Ronan, James Frederick,
    Liam David, Luke Alexander, Patrick Elliot