Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions

Opinions

Hi am having a girl due in September and really like the name Ridley I heard it in a movie and think its unusual which appeals to me. Her middle name will be Elizabeth and surname Duke I think it goes together.

It isn't my cup of tea.

It is traditionally a surname, and is used rarely as a boy name (Ridley Scott). Just be aware that you might get a lot of negative feedback on it because it seems masculine and many people don't really care for surnames as first names. Especially obscure ones that don't have any personal meaning.

What about Ripley? It has more feminine associations?
    Riley is also unisex.
    Mama Bear to Serenity (gone January 17th, 2011) and Luther Wolf

Well, I do like that her initials would spell RED, which is fun.
    Ridley is very trendy and I don't really like the imagery of "getting rid" of something.
    The sound isn't bad, but there are other similar names I think are more versatile and won't feel as dated in 20 years. Rory, Rosalie, Ruby, Roxy (Roxana), Rosy (Rosalyn), Romy (Rosemary)
    Livy/Lucy : Geneva/Gwen : Coralie/Alice : Noelle/Eve
    Eli/Bennett : Jude/Zane: Luke/Leo : Levi/Phineas

I like it. I don't love it with the last name Duke though. I feel like the surname is very masculine sounding and would therefore require something more feminine to precede it.
    Mama to ~Rowan Josephine 1/12~
    and ~Teagan Dahlia~ 5/13~

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie413 View Post
    I like it. I don't love it with the last name Duke though. I feel like the surname is very masculine sounding and would therefore require something more feminine to precede it.
    Well if she takes her fathers name then it will be Dawson but I have also been thinking of changing my surname to my mothers maiden name which would be Harper.