Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

If it were a boy this would be easy... Need help with a girl's name!

My wife and I were all set and had a boy's name picked out and then we were told we were having a girl!!! We can't seem to agree on a name but both like the carefree summer inspired girl names. My wife really wants to go with Summer and I don't dislike it but, it can be associated with a certain profession so I am a little hesitant... One major problem is that my wife is a school teacher so every name reminds her of someone in her school so we need something a little less popular or of the beaten path if you will... any help would be much appreciated.

Name I like
    Aria
    Avery
    Callie
    Caylee
    Cecilia
    Quinn
    Lilly
    possibly Waverly

any thoughts or ideas on any of the names above or any new suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks!!

I love the name Waverly. It definitely captures the summer-y feeling and is not likely to be a name you wife has encountered in her work quite yet.
    Mama to ~Rowan Josephine 1/12~
    and ~Teagan Dahlia~ 5/13~

Oh yikes, being a teacher is hard since so many names come through your classes over the years! All the names on your list are really pretty.

I personally like the name Callie the best. I've always thought it was a really pretty name.
    ~Mommy to a sweet boy named Connor, an angel baby named Sean who passed away unexpectedly in March 2012, and twin girls Ruby and Felicity

Okay - I'm not sure what you mean about Summer but I think it is a beautiful name. Waverly is interesting and seems to fit your description.

Other ideas for carefree, summery names:

Willow
    Meadow
    Sky
    Sunshine

Aria:Air, Melody, Tune; specifically : an accompanied elaborate melody sung (as in an opera) by a single voice. What a beautiful name with an equally beautiful meaning! To me, it exudes 100% class, sophistication, grace and is beautifully unique. It brings to mind a drop dead gorgeous brown haired girl with striking green eyes. I love the name Aria paired with Francesca <3 Since your wife likes the name Summer, why not compromise and name her Aria Summer. I don't think she will have to worry about sharing this name with many, if any of her classmates. I personally have never met another Aria.

Avery:I've never really been a fan of "unisex" names. Avery, to me is a masculine name period. The fact that people started using it on girls doesn't make it feminine or girly at all. I just think it's awful sorry.

Callie:I've always had a soft spot for the name Callie although I think it works better as a nickname and works well for her as a child but not so much as an adult. Callie as an adult might prefer to be called Caroline or Calista. Personally, those names are not my style which is why I decided against using the name but it may be different for you. Calista actually has a very beautiful meaning (it's Greek for most beautiful)

Caylee:I'm biased because my husbands daughter from a previous relationship has this name except it's spelled Kaylee. I think it's a beautiful name for a little girl and when she gets older she can always shorten it to Kay if she wants. Her nicknames are Kay and KK and she is absolutely gorgeous.

Cecilia:It's just ok. It kind of makes me think of an old lady, sorry. Not terrible, but definetely not my first choice.

Quinn:I don't like it at all.

Lilly:Lilly is a gorgeous names. The only problem I have with it, is it is WAY too popular. Why not use Lila (LIE-LA) instead? This is a gorgeous name that isn't as common as Lilly and ages perfectly. Also I think Summer pairs with Lila beautifully.

Waverly:Same as Quinn