Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

A sister for Charlotte!

My 2 year old daughter's name is Charlotte Sonia. Charlotte is a name we absolutely loved and still do--there is no other name we love as much! Sonia was my grandmother who sadly never lived to see her great-granddaughter. (We are Ashkenazi Jews and name after the deceased.) We just found out that baby #2 due this summer is a girl! We've had some names in mind and currently the front-runner is Norah. Does Norah go well with Charlotte? I think at least bc they're both more old-fashioned, classic names they fit, but I don't know about how they sound together. Other names I like are Harper (DH is not a fan), Hannah, Julianne, Emma... I wish there was another name I loved as much as Charlotte! For a middle name it gets tricky... My mom is really ill and were not sure if she will live to see this little girl Her name is Helene so that will definitely be baby's middle name in that worst-case scenario. But hopefully we will be able to choose another name as we luckily have no other relatives to name after currently. I've been thinking of:

Norah Claire
    Norah Kate (love the way it sounds but not sure about the name Kate itself. Definitely don't like Katherine)
    Norah Harper
    Norah Corinne

What do you think of these combinations? Any other first name suggestions that go nicely with Charlotte?
    Our last name is West, so pretty easy to pair with! (Just not "Grace" haha)

Thanks for your input!

*see pg. 2 for update*
    Last edited by lwest; April 16th, 2013 at 01:06 AM.

Norah isn't really my style but I think it goes with Charlotte.

I think Charlotte and Norah go great together! I like Norah Claire and Norah Kate. I think Kate is a great middle name, its one of my favorites.

Others suggestions to go with Charlotte:
    Lucy/Lucia
    Eva
    Cora
    Annabel
    Ella
    Lila
    Clara
    Violet
    Stella
    Ruby
    Eloise
    Sophie
    Violet Gray
    Sad name-obsessed teenager and aspiring writer

Current Name Crushes: August, Avery, & Flynn: Eliza, Georgiana & Dahlia

Nora goes well with Charlotte, but I also like the idea of Stella and Charlotte or Audrey and Charlotte (not sure why those came to mind, bu they work nicely!).
    Henry John, Charles Wesley
    Eleanor June, Clara Sparling

Since you love Charlotte, you may love one of these:
    Clara
    Julia
    Gemma
    Leah
    Lara
    Vera
    I have never been a fan of Norah. Cora is really pretty though.
    Instead of Harper, how about Harlow or Harmony?
    I hope you don't have to use Helene for the middle name! Have you thought about a variation of Helene for the first? Helena, Elena, Lena, etc?
    All the best!