Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is Savvy a nickname for safari

Is it? Does it work?

I personally would hate to be called either. Neither sound like a name to me. Savvy means to understand something well, and a safari is a trip in which one observes wild animals in their natural habitat. I would be embarrassed to be called either, sorry.

How about Savannah or Sofia?

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.

Safari is not a name for a person. I went to school with a girl named Sarvary (prn Sa-vha-ree) and people called her "Safari" all the time. Savvy could be an acceptable nickname for Savannah, although all the Savannahs I know go by Sav for short.

I don't like Safari as a name for a person, either. Some word names work, but this one just doesn't. Savvy could work for Savannah if you're looking for a way to use that nickname and to incorporate the African nature concept.

...Or if you're looking for something unique, Saveria would work. I know one personally and close friends sometimes call her "Savvy/Savi."

But it would work.