30 35.71%
  • Flora

15 17.86%
  • Evelyn

20 23.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

husband is stuck on one name... suggestions

If our baby, due in October, is a girl, my husband is unwaveringly insistent on Vivienne. It's a fine name, but the name of a friend's daughter (that friend is also currently our realtor) and I just don't feel comfortable with that. Even if not for that connection, it just wouldn't be my top choice. My list currently is: Eliza, Camille, Hazel, Aurelia, Ada, Charlotte, Flora, and Evelyn. Our daughter's name is Josephine. Thoughts on those eight names? Suggestions of a fresh name that we might both love? Ideas of how to sway him away from Vivenne?

My first thought is Evangaline. It had the "V" like Vivienne and it's also similar to Evelyn. Whenever I see or hear Vivienne the Vs stand out to me so other names with v in them seem similar to me such as,
    Veronica
    Virginia
    Violet/Violette
    Ava
    Averella
    Avalon
    Evanora
    Lavinia
    Minerva

~Sweet and Sassy~
    Elizabeth Winona "Elsie" ~ Adelheid Ruby "Addie" ~ Casilda Josephine "Cassie" ~ Veronica Odelia "Nicci"

~Strong and Stubborn~
    Gideon Boone "Gid" ~ Matthias Wesley "Matt" ~ Solomon Cadell "Cade" ~ Zaccheaus ________ "Zeke"

mom to livvy jozefa 7.10.13

I agree that Evelyn and Josephine sound like they were meant to be sisters, but something about Flora really caught my attention and, although it's very much not my style .... I couldn't help but keep coming back to it for Josephine's sister. I can't really say why -- it just seemed like such a sweet set that made my heart melt a little bit.

Violet is also a great suggestion from pp. If hubby would go for that, it would make a great sibset. So would Ruby.