Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I thought of some of the suggested names but not others. Part of our challenge is fitting a name with her two elder sisters who both have classic names. Husband opposes nicknames as stand alone names, I am not a huge fan either even if I do love tge nickname. So Penny alone is out.

Virginia nickname Ginny would be pretty classic, or Linnea nickname Linnie.

Or if you're willing to really stretch you might be able to nickname a Josephine, Penny. (Josephine = Giuseppina = Penny).

Or I've met Hispanic women named Lupina. Or Spencer if you like unisex surname names?

Penina/Peninnah/Pnina is an option for Penny that is a fairly obscure Biblical girl's name. It's not kreative but I'm not sure I could call it classic in English. (It's more well-known in Hebrew).

Lupe/Lupina is pretty.

I really like Penelope though.

Classic with a lot of nicknames, with the nicknames listed from my favourite to least favourite:
    Rosemary - Romy, Rory, Rosie
    Elizabeth - Libby, Lilibet, Lilibeth, Liz, Ellie, Bette, Betty, Beth... and more I can't think of right now.
    Marguerite - Maggie, Daisy, Rita, etc.
    Susannah - Susie, Suki, Sanna
    Katharine - Kitty, Kay, Kat, Kate, Katie, Kathy. I like Catherine NN Cat, though I would have no problem with a Catherine being called Kate, I don't think using Catherine means you need to C-ify Kate/Katy etc which just looks awkward. Katarina adds nicknames like Reina and Trina.

Persephone reminds me of Penelope and you could still use penny.
    Josephine - I've heard people suggest Penny as a nn for this.
    Calliope - don't know about Penny, but I think if you like Penelope you might like this.
    ~ Larissa

Olympia Primrose
    Waverly Claire ~ Amaryllis Joy
    Holiday Elise ~ Bellamy June ~ Seraphina Daisy
    Genevieve Scout ~ Romilly Violet ~ Laszlo Oliver ~ Darwin Blake
    Gideon Levi ~ Fisher Gray ~ Jasper Elias
    Simon Apollo ~ Orlando Archer
    Phineas Jack

Crushing hard... Saylor Adeline ... Mazarine Alice ... Penrose Elizabeth

Calliope andpenina are ones I hadnt considered yet, let me think about that one. Husband not a big fan of Josephine. I like Persephone too, but probably more inclined tonuse Percy as a NN with that.
    We are considering Marguerite as a MN (depending on First name choice) to honor our grandmothers, but maybe we ought to revisit that as a first name.