Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Alternatives to Penelope?

I've been liking Penelope lately, love the Penny nickname in particular. Are there other names that get to the nickname Penny that anyone can suggest?
    Husband opposes Penelope because he once knew someone with the name that he disliked.
    Also, any suggested names that are long and feminine with a variety of cute nickname possibilities would be appreciated.

I can only think of Peony. I guess you could get Penny from Persephone?

Britishbabynames had an amazing blog post about different cute nicknames for classic long beautiful names. It's here, just scroll a little bit down, maybe some of them will catch your eye.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I actually like Penny as a standalone name. Ways to it other than Penelope...
    Penina
    Pennilyn (Yes the only place I've heard it was the character on Gilmore Girls)
    Aspen (Totally different end of the spectrum)

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    I can only think of Peony. I guess you could get Penny from Persephone?

Britishbabynames had an amazing blog post about different cute nicknames for classic long beautiful names. It's here, just scroll a little bit down, maybe some of them will catch your eye.
    Great list- thanks!