Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Literary Names

Literary Names

I'm a writer, and I love to read. I decided semi-recently that some names deserve a mention. And I want to do that via boys' middle names.

1. Hugo (Victor Hugo- I'm not really a fan of Victor. I think it's the tough sounds of the "C" & "R" that turn me off.)
    2. Emerson (Ralph Waldo Emerson- Not into Ralph or Waldo. lol)
    3. Henry (Henry David Thoreau & Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)

What do you think of Henry vs. Thoreau? I feel like Thoreau is a little too much, but I'm not totally opposed to it. I think David is too common to really make this specific connection.

Also, when I searched for Thoreau, Walden came up too. I hadn't thought of that. Does Walden sound too...geeky? It makes me think of Walter, a name that I don't really like. It's only a mn, but would it be a name that a kid would be embarrassed by? Would any of these be embarrassing for a kid to admit to?

Thanks for your input!
    Nicole

Searching for new names to love

Great namesakes, especially the two Henry's. Here's the thing. If you want people to know you've named your kid after one of these fellows, you can't go with Henry. I'd choose Thoreau because it's amazingly cool, and he's my favourite of the bunch. I also really like Walden, that's his most famous piece of work and I do like the name very much.
    From Henry Wadsworth Longfellow you could also get Kavanagh, which I quite like. I'm not very familiar with Emerson.
    I like Victor Hugo, both his names as well. Hugo is a lovely name, I've always been very fond of it.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Would you consider Henry David as a first-middle combination? That way, people would make the connection.
    Mom to James Daniel (10) William Joseph (9), Elise Marie (7), and Zachary Allan (1)
    http://letterstoauntkay.blogspot.com/

TTC #5
    Claire, Sally, Adele, Anne, Cecilia, Serena (Seri), Audrey, Rose, Naomi, Maisie, Kate, Rosetta, Lucy, Linnea
    Thomas, Paul, Henry, Miles, Arthur, Samuel, Seth

DH's "approved" list:
    Alison (Allie), Claire, Seri, Naomi, Amy, Diana, Lucy, Kate/Katie/Katherine, Audrey
    Thomas ("maybe")

I know someone with a son named Walden. I think it's unique but not too "out there," especially for a middle name.
    Courtney (larking.)
    blog and Etsy shop

baby girl #2 due August 2013

Beatrix * Benjamin * Blythe * Bronwyn * Caleb * Eamon * Elliott * Emmett * Hazel * Imogen * Isaac
    Linnea * Lorelei * Maeve * Maren * Owen * Phoebe * Reuben * Saul * Silas * Siobhan * Sylvie * Willa

I like Walden and Thoreau. I also recommend Langston (Langston Hughes), Gibran (Khalil Gibran), and Whitman (Walt Whitman).
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina