Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by moonkai View Post
    Endeavor! (Heck, why not?)
    This is genius!

The Boston Marathon tragedy also brings to mind Deval (via current Massachusetts governor Deval Patrick).
    Last edited by ayane; April 16th, 2013 at 06:23 PM.
    Twenty-something SF & fantasy writer, name and language nerd in constant search of new names to bestow on defenseless characters. :-)

My list of all-time faves, continuously updated with new comments and thoughts.

I know you said it's out, but Devlin is the first name that came to my mind. I absolutely love this name. Admittedly, I haven't seen the movie, but it's definitely not a girl's name and I can't imagine one movie ruining such a great name. Even Twilight couldn't ruin those names for me, so if it were me, I'd still go with this one. Just my two cents!

@catheyc - I have always heard of Devlin as a boy's name too! The only Devlin I have ever seen in film was in a John Wayne movie, McClintock and one of his ranch hand's was named Devlin (played by John Wayne's son). I have also read it in books for male characters.

Quote Originally Posted by catheyc View Post
    I can't imagine one movie ruining such a great name.
    It's not really so much the name being used for a female character as it is that the name is constantly made fun of throughout the movie - it's central to many of the jokes which are based on one character's use of the name as a codeword for doing a #2. It's not even a popular movie and I've still seen several references to the jokes scattered around the net. It's a hard association to forget once it's in your head, ugh. (oh, and has made it to Urban Dictionary, of course)