Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: WHAT IS THE BEST NAME TO PAIR WITH CHLOE?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • DELANI

2 6.45%
  • SAMANTHA

26 83.87%
  • IRELAND

1 3.23%
  • MACEN

3 9.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Chloe's little sister...

Having trouble with the second girls' name...delani, macen, ireland or samantha?

Samantha is the only one I like. Delani will always get spelled wrong and has the same ending sound as Chloe. Macen... I don't know if its Mason trying to be yooneek. Ireland is cute but I would still choose the classic Samantha as a sister to Chloe.

Samantha all the way. I don't like the other three names at all. Would you consider Samara as an alternative to Samantha? Samara is spunky and energetic like Chloe and doesn't feel dated like Samantha does.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Dean ◊ Micah ◊ Gideon ◊ Tobias ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Edith ◊ Georgia ◊ Gwen ◊ Catherine ◊ Lydia ◊ Phoebe

By Delani do you mean Delaney? My instinct would be to pronounce Delani De-LAH-nee or DEL-a-nee instead of De-LAY-nee, so I suggest spelling it correctly if that's not what you're going for. Macen sounds like a cleaning product. Ireland isn't a name, it's a place, and if your daughter ever wants to travel in Europe you've basically guaranteed her a miserable time. Samantha is a real name with a solid history, so while it's NMS, I'd say Samantha.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Wren or Simon Adler | Alice Violetta or Atlas Dov | Julian 'Jules' River or Juniper 'Joon' Lovelace | Roscoe Fox or Marlowe Fritz | Jane Lucinda or Lucien Wilde | Louisa Valor or Eloise March | Ivan Elliot or Iris Cordelia | August Jack or Jasper Hale | Dashiell Jude or Judah Reeve | Thea Marina or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Finnegan Wallace or Felix Raphael

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

I'm with the others--Samantha. Chloe and Samantha are lovely together, and with a feminine name like Chloe, and don't think you can really do something as masculine as Macen/Mason, and while I think Chloe and Delaney would be fine, I don't know that Delani works as well. Though popular, I think Chloe still looks classy and beautiful--Delani just looks trendy, and I agree that it might get some pronunciation issues. Chloe and Samantha, though, are lovely together.
    Lise
    twenty-something name lover dreaming of adoption.

Isabelle | Arianne | Olivia | Violet | Catherine | Emmeline | Lillian | Charlotte | Eleni | Anne-Sophie | Tess | Eva | Winter | Hazel
    Caleb | Everett | Jack | Avery | Zane | Samuel | Grant | Declan | Brody | Bailey | Addison | Leo | Grayson

"Ma patrie, c’est la langue française." - Albert Camus