Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Family names - cool vintage names or just too old?

It is very important for me to use family names for my children. My daughter's first and middle names honor 4 women in my family.

My problem: I'm not sure if my family names are usable as first names. Do you think they are cool and vintage or old and ugly? :P

The names:
    Glenn
    Victor
    Phillip
    Robert
    Harlen or Harley
    Eugene
    Richard
    Wally (I would probably find a longer form for this one.)

So would any of these be good first names?
    Ruby, Nixie, Anna, Harlow, Davida, Rosemarie, Elaina, Valentina, Josephine, Lillian
    Davis, Alden, Luke, Micah, Rudy, Isaac, Gabriel, Julian, Simon, Jasper, Euan, Oliver, Silas, August

I like Victor and Harlan a lot. Victor I feel like is very underused.

Philip I can never decide if I like or not.

Glenn is a good one-syllable middle that doesn't clash with much. I wouldn't use it as a FN though and it feels a little bit androgynous.

Richard and Robert are classic but I just don't like them, honestly. I don't think they're unusable though.

[Something] Walton is what I would do with Wally if I had to use it.

I don't like Harley or Eugene at all. But I've seen Harley used on both genders of little kids so obviously a lot of people like it, I just don't. I do like Harvey but I don't know that that's close enough.

The names on your list are great! Glenn and Harlen would be my favorites, and Eugene and Richard I would only consider for a mn. I like using names to honor family members; it gives children an important link to family history. You don't have to use the exact name, though. You could use a variant, a name with a similar meaning, or even a name with the same initial.

i would say harlen/harley as first name..

so maybe
    harley phillip glenn
    harlen richard eugene
    harlen victor glen
    harley richard victor

i mean you could use Harlen richard phillip victor ...
    or harley philip victor eugene..
    *Britberry* Dani
    ❤ B&L❤
    Love thinking up name combos

Fave combos:Sawyer Phoenix Castiel?~Logan Elijah Mark~ Elijah Talon Jakob~ Xavier Kye (Kai) Roscoe~Spencer Devon Mitchell / Kairi Peyton Alana~ Marnie Isabeau Grace~ Wynter Amethyst- (Mysti/Thya''Thea'') Nova Madisyn~Cailyn Schuyler ❤
    GP's: Castiel. Auron (Oren) Gunner, Orion, Roman, Zeke.

Not trying but thinking of the future..

"All you need is a little faith, trust, and pixie dust." -Peter Pan.

I like Harlen, but it can easily sound like Harlem. So he may have a lifetime of correcting. All others I think make great middle names if you're not sure, they are cool vintage names.