Names Searched Right Now:

Movie Star Names

While looking for baby name inspiration, I stumbled upon the AFI's list of Top 100 Movie Stars. I'm sure plenty of you have seen this list before (and few names will be new to you), but, if anyone's interested, here's some of the list...

Humphrey
    Cary
    James
    Marlon
    Fred
    Henry
    Clark
    James
    Spencer
    Charlie
    Gary
    Gregory
    John
    Laurence
    Gene
    Orson
    Kirk
    James
    Burt
    Buster
    Sidney
    Robert
    Edward
    William

Katharine
    Bette
    Audrey
    Ingrid
    Greta
    Marilyn
    Elizabeth
    Judy
    Marlene
    Joan
    Barbara
    Claudette
    Grace
    Ginger
    Mae
    Vivien
    Lillian
    Shirley
    Rita
    Lauren
    Sophia
    Jean
    Carole
    Mary
    Ava

I deliberately didn't include surnames so we can concentrate on their great first names. If you want to see surnames, you can look up the list at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFI's_1...rs...100_Stars. Names from this list on my current long list: James, Frederick, Henry, Spencer, Charles, Laurence, Edward, William, Katherine, Audrey, Ingrid, Greta, Elizabeth, Grace, Mae, Vivienne, Lillian, Sophia and Mary.
    Alice - Beatrix - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Harriet - Mabel - Susannah

Albert - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

One thing that's always amused me about Marlon is that his nickname throughout his childhood and teens was Bud. Bud Brando. That just seems so much more masculine and Streetcar-Named-Desire machismo than Marlon. (To me, at least.) When he began acting, he wanted to be known by his birth name - Marlon. Not Bud. Marlon... which, at least judging by the feedback I've read on the name, is usually seen as awkward and definitely not handsome. And yet... *Marlon Brando* was a silver screen icon of masculinity in the 50's.

/obsessed with Marlon Brando
    Last edited by argenta_genova; April 16th, 2013 at 04:04 AM.
    Boys: Ignatius, Hieronymus, Casimir, Osias, Ludovic, Hesperus, Calixto, Aurelius
    Girls: Amarantha, Jacintha, Isannah, Chrysantha, Jonquil, Oleanna, Esmeranda

Ingrid is one of my favourite names and Miss Bergman certainly has something to do with it. She and Bette Davis are two of my favourite actresses of all time, they were simply phenomenal (and so was Kate Hepburn).

There are actually a few of those names on my list: Cary (or his real name, Archibald, is, does that count?), Frederick, Henry, James, Charles, Edward, William, Katharine, Elizabeth, Ingrid, Mary and Ava.
    Zelia/Elja • Nineteen • Name and history nerd from an early age • I have a blog.
    Trying hard to export beautiful old Danish names, magical Danish nature names and exotic Greenlandic names.
    Current favourite combinations: Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor • Alexander Adelin Lórien
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel • Gaia Margaret Undómiel