Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

New list , opinions and ideas please

I am not pregnant nor TTC (for a while yet anyway) but am building my baby name list for future bubs and wouldn't mind people's input. I found naming my first bub in December a bit odd , I won't go into details but I still feel like the final decision wasn't really mine . Although I love her name and both fn and mn have great meaning to us, I want to feel more prepared (and in control) etc when /if the next ones come along.

Boys

will most prob be
    Henry Martin (Henry is a family name and Martin is my SO's mn)
    but I also like
    Tobias
    Walter
    Charles

Girls
    Dorothy
    Lenora (too close to bub 1?)
    Cecilia (see above?)
    Beatrice
    Eleanor
    Agnes
    Genevieve
    Sabrina
    Alice
    Esther
    Adelia
    Clara
    Coraline
    Penelope

mns - most likely
    Lenore/Lenora
    Cecilia/Cecile
    Joyce

Our surname is a double barrel sc 2-1

thanks in advance for your input.
    Proud mama to Lillian Gwynaeth (Lily Gwyn/ Lilou) (12/2012)

I really like Henry the best!!! For a girl i really like Clara!!!

I, for one, don't mind Lenore and Lillian together. I think they make a cute pair. For some reason Lenora and Lillian don't seem quite as cute. Maybe it has something to do with both having 3 syllables. Just avoid using Genevieve as a middle name.

I also like Cecilia and Dorothy.

I think Henry Martin is a wonderful name for a boy or man. Its nice to see Martin still being used.

For boys, I like Charles in a sibset with Lillian. I also like Henry a lot, but when I hear it combined as Henry Martin, I think of the Scottish folk song called "Henry Martin". He became a pirate to support himself and his brothers, not a reference I'd like for a little boy.

For girls, I LOVE most of your names: Beatrice, Eleanor, Alice, Sabrina, Clara, and Penelope were names on my first list when I was pregnant with my DD. Still love them!

thanks for the feedback so far =)
    ha ha , is there really a folk song called Henry Martin? bum! I don't know if that would be a deal breaker for me , although I just worked out that babies first initials would be HMT (T being the first initial of our surname) and that's not a great reference - ha ha. Henry is our favourite and so maybe Martin needs to be changed ... that's one for discussion nearer the time.

Which girls name do you think goes best with Lillian ? And what combos ?

My current favourite is Dorothy Lenore nn Dolly
    Oh and another on my list is Tabitha but unsure if it goes with Lillian
    Proud mama to Lillian Gwynaeth (Lily Gwyn/ Lilou) (12/2012)