Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by juliet.a View Post
    yellow, out of curiosity, which ones did you like? did you figure out what it was about Lila that didn't work for you?
    Lila doesn't quite work with my surname, and my concept of its popularity/familiarity (though overblown) is higher than I tend to prefer. I think, though, that the real reason is the girl I picture wearing it.

I'm starting to discover that my tastes are driven by the imagery a name evokes for me. I like names that make me imagine a personality I appreciate, OR names that are a blank slate.

These are the suggested names that really jive with my image of Lila:

Bianca
    Dinah
    Lorelei
    Shiloh
    Eden
    Calla
    Stella
    Willa
    Vida
    Noelle
    Clio

There are the suggested names that I like but wouldn't use (not list-toppers, don't work with the surname, etc.):

Mila
    Petra
    Calla
    Tessa
    Noemi / Noemie (actually one of my very FAVORITES, but it just sounds horrid paired with my surname )
    Carys
    Annika (this is on our list, actually, but I don't see it winning out!)
    Elodie

I was going to post names from our own list that fit with Lila, but as I look at it I'm finding that either none of them do, or I'm not objective enough to see the connection! Alaia and Nilaya are the only ones, but I'm sure that's just because they have so many sounds in common.