Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    You know I love your lists! I don't have anything to suggest after mischa's list of awesomeness (so many great ones for both of us!) but I do very much like Anselm, Lionel, Osias and Cyril. None are as amazing as Your top four though, one of the best final lists in naming history!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    You know I love your lists! I don't have anything to suggest after mischa's list of awesomeness (so many great ones for both of us!) but I do very much like Anselm, Lionel, Osias and Cyril. None are as amazing as Your top four though, one of the best final lists in naming history!
    Ottilie said it better than I could have.
    My Zoe ... My life
    9/12/14

Quote Originally Posted by javad View Post
    @aurora- The reason Caian, Caius and Conrad aren't on this 'just-in-case' list is that I've given them ample amounts of reflection time, and they just couldn't stick around with the top 4. This 'just-in-case' list is pretty much all names I like a lot, but have not yet given as much 'simmering' time to. I find that when I put focused thought on names and let it sit for a little while, I can gain a better feel for the name, and get a better recognition about whether it's the kind of name I'll always like, or if I just think it's cool in the moment.
    And thanks for your suggestions. Caedmon is one I think I might have to let settle in a bit. The first time I heard this name I was very mediocre about it, but I'm starting to understand that's it's actually an awesome name.
    Ah, I understand better now. I thought perhaps the "just-in-case" list was going to be kept in reserve in case you look at your newborn son and realize in panic that he doesn't look like an Emrys, Evander, Jasper OR Amias, and in that case you'd fall back on a name you loved which didn't make the Very Top list! Perhaps what you're looking for instead is a list of new names to simmer, which could boil down to an Alternative Top Four list (to be consulted if indeed your newborn son doesn't look like an Emrys, Evander, Jasper or Amias.) Honestly, though, I think you're pretty well covered.

I too think Caedmon is pretty awesome. In an attempt to give you a few more names you've never heard, here's part of a list of handsome rarities saracita00 shared with me (sorry, not in alphabetical order):

Aragon
    Corwin
    Quinndon
    Balendin
    Gratien
    Nairn
    Zahn
    Istivan
    Caelan
    Eldrian
    Raanan
    Raedanoran (we decided someone should write a novel just to use this name!)
    Donegan
    Abeodan
    Seireadan
    Perion
    Rysio
    Dalziel
    Rheinallt
    Ardziv
    Adolar
    Daxiat
    Ciptriano

Again, best wishes!
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

Lionel is my fave on your list but I also like Jasper & Evander.

Thanks for the replies everybody! And thanks, Aurora, for the further name suggestions. The majority of them are completely new to me. I'm gonna have to sit when when I have a nice big block of free time and do some research on a bunch of the names you and Mischa have mentioned.
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...