Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Alternatives to Sierra

I have loved the name Sierra for the last 20 years, but now that I'm ttc, it seems a little outdated. I like it because it sounds pleasing (I love the three syllables and the "a" sound on the end). Does anyone have any alternatives? They don't have to be strictly -ierra. I actually would prefer they not be.

The two alternatives I thought of were Serena and Seraphina--similar sound to Sierra, a bit more updated. There's Sienna, too, but I've always liked Sierra much more than that. A former coworker of my mom's has a Sierra, and some of the other names she liked for her second daughter was Leah (I think this is actually what she went for) and Bella (I think it was just Bella, but I like something like Isabelle, Annabel, or Arabella much more, personally)--I think stylistically, they could be a nice replacement. Or even a name that yields Lea(h) as a nn--like Liliana/Lilia/Lillian, Aurelia, Natalia, Amelia/Emilia, Julia/Juliana, Azalea, etc.

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I am second Sienna.
    Also: Serena, Selena, Chiara, Ciara, Mariah, Ella.