Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Too exotic?

Too exotic?

I recently saw the name Priya (pree-ah) and loved the meaning of the name, but I was wondering if it sounded to exotic/ foreign for an American girl?

No, I don't think it's too exotic. USA is a multicultural country so you hear names from nearly every culture here.
    I kinda love Priyah but I see it for first time now. I also heard Priyanka several times. It sounds like somebody from India to me but it's quite good connection

I know a Priya and she is Indian. To me the name would make me assume that she was Indian or has Indian heritage. I personally don't think it works on a white girl, but to each their own.
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

I love it but do understand that it is more typically Indian. Do you like Petra??
    Proud mama to Lucia Marie (3) and Halle Regina born July 12th!

Maybe using the variation, Pria (which is more reminiscent of Mia) if you're set on using it. I came across it in this movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0469958/
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell, Sonia, Talia, Leonie