Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Just a dumb thought because you have Marguerite as a potential mn and he loves Sophie.
    I'd try to stay away from MS or SM combos. My middle names are Sophie M_____ and the S&M link has occurred to me and others numerous times (and for me it's just mn's so I can just drop both) - equally MS is maybe not a disease your child wants to be linked to.

If you think your hubby really likes names that are popular, I'd try to figure out why. It might be because he's slow to warm up to names and these are the ones he's most familiar with. In that case you can try to make your favorite name more mainstream to him. (Watch movies with positive characters by that name, songs, books, company names for furniture and clothing for ex while shopping "hey honey, what do you think of this Sarah picture frame?" etc). If he thinks a more mainstream name is important for a kid to fit in (some people do) then you can always break down the stats for him (hopefully they fall in your favor). If a name you like is on the rise you can explain what that means in contrast to choosing a name Jennifer-esque name.

Suggestions for what you both might like:
    Elsa/Elise/Elisa/Eliza
    Leila
    Lydia
    Livia
    Alyssa
    Lucia
    Aria
    Willa/Willow/Wilhelmina (alright I'm fairly certain the last with be a no on his part but I got carried away)
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

The good news is that Sophia really is a beautiful name! It really deserves to be #1, it's got so much going for it -- classic, strong, feminine, beautiful sound....

A few other ideas of names that may have the same combination of beautiful feminine sound and classic roots. Plus I'm sticking with the soft sounds as that may be part of the attraction:

Seraphina
    Serena
    Cecilia
    Celestia
    Susannah
    Cressida
    Christiana
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry

Sophia's not bad but it is popular. Here are some names you guys may both like.

Amelia
    Maya
    Savannah
    Gabrielle/ Gabriella
    Julia/ Juliana
    Layla
    Alyssa
    Matilda
    Victoria
    Alexis
    Bethany
    Mallory
    Natalie
    Audrey
    Cecelia
    Alice

I also love the thought of using Sophia in the middle. I also think Anna Sophia and Clara Sophia are gorgeous!

I love Sophia even though it is popular. It is classically beautiful. I also think Abigail and Madeleine are classic and not at all trendy.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996