Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Husband is stuck on Sophia... help!

My husband loves the name Sophia, but I think it is too popular. Can you help us find some more names we might both like?

My list:

Anna
    Caroline
    Clara
    Daria
    Helena
    Rosemary
    Marguerite (probably as mn)

Aside from Sophia, he likes:

Brianna
    Madeline
    Abigail
    Chloe
    Aliya

(All of which seem to trendy for me).

Other suggestions? He is "ok" with Anna, Rosemary, Clara and Caroline, but doesn't love them. He really only LOVES Sophia. Help!

How do you feel about double names?
    Anna-Sophia
    Clara-Sophia

Others...
    Sonia
    Maria
    Gianna
    Sylvia
    Gemma
    Sadie
    Willa

Could you use Sophia in the middle? A shame to drop it entirely (unless you dislike it aside from popularity) if its the only name so far that he loves. Caroline Sophia or Rosemary Sophia are lovely.

Trying not to go too out there since it might scare him.
    How about
    Isla
    Elise
    Cleo
    Elena/Alina
    Eliana
    Audrey
    Claire
    Celia
    Darienne (since you like Daria)
    Emmeline
    Rosalie
    Liana
    Lila
    Lilliana
    Norah
    Violet
    Alexia/Alessia
    Cordelia
    Eliza
    Lydia
    Talia
    Mariana
    Girls: Anya, Leia, Maeve, Adelaide, Lelia, Belle, Daphne, Vada, Evangeline, Anneliese, Leda, Livia, Carys, Liana, Cleo, Piper, Elena, Mercedes
    Boys: Flynn, Isaac, Ronan, James, Alaric, Jude, Damian, Emmett, Gabriel, Henry, Lucas/Lucian, Arthur, Ian, Wyatt, Leo

Vote here: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9825806

We've been thinking about Anna Sophia or one of the other combos with Sophia as a mn. But I'm hoping to get him to think about some other options! I'll run the others by him tonight.

Thanks! I'll see if he likes any of these. I love Lila (or Lilia). I've already floated Violet and Alexandra (with variations) but he wouldn't go for those ones.

We have a one-syllable, Chinese last name (ends in O), and some two-syllable names just don't go with it. For some reason, a two syllable name ending in -a sounds better than a two syllable name ending in a different letter.