Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Way to much of a stretch. Eppie is a very close sound though, and would work perfectly for Eponine.

I don't care for Persephone at all.. but I gotta say, Ephonie is an adorable nickname! Like... just PERFECT! I kind of wish that was my name, just so I could introduce myself to people as Ephonie!
    Boys: Ignatius, Hieronymus, Casimir, Osias, Ludovic, Hesperus, Calixto, Aurelius
    Girls: Amarantha, Jacintha, Isannah, Chrysantha, Jonquil, Oleanna, Esmeranda

Quote Originally Posted by sarahmezz View Post
    I wonder if any other Aussieberries think of the same things I do...

Epponnee Rae from Kath and Kim
    Effie from Acropolis Now

Neither are great namesakes! But, if you're in a country that's not Australia, they're okay. Just be aware that, if your child travels to Australia some day, the name Effie may be greeted with raised eyebrows!
    I might be because I'm young but I've never heard of them (I live in Australia). I used to watch Kath and Kim though (was that Kim's daughter's name?)--a guess.

Eponine does feel like a bit of a stretch.

Have you considered:

Euphemia
    Efa
    Efea
    Effemy
    Last edited by sunshine kid; April 15th, 2013 at 06:38 AM.
    Kit | Susanna

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I do kinda like Effemy is it a "real" name?

I have struggled to find a good "full name" for Eppie so I feel your pain!

How about:
    Saffron
    Sophronie/Sophronia

I even think Effie could work with a name like Fern or Fiona.
    Not expecting, just planning and building lists!

Especially in some regional accents, I could definitely see the leap from Eppie to Effie being minimal. (In other areas, it may seem somewhat stretchy). I think it works.
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell