Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Way to much of a stretch. Eppie is a very close sound though, and would work perfectly for Eponine.

I don't care for Persephone at all.. but I gotta say, Ephonie is an adorable nickname! Like... just PERFECT! I kind of wish that was my name, just so I could introduce myself to people as Ephonie!
    Boys: Ignatius, Hieronymus, Casimir, Osias, Ludovic, Hesperus, Calixto, Aurelius
    Girls: Amarantha, Jacintha, Isannah, Chrysantha, Jonquil, Oleanna, Esmeranda

Quote Originally Posted by sarahmezz View Post
    I wonder if any other Aussieberries think of the same things I do...

Epponnee Rae from Kath and Kim
    Effie from Acropolis Now

Neither are great namesakes! But, if you're in a country that's not Australia, they're okay. Just be aware that, if your child travels to Australia some day, the name Effie may be greeted with raised eyebrows!
    I might be because I'm young but I've never heard of them (I live in Australia). I used to watch Kath and Kim though (was that Kim's daughter's name?)--a guess.

Eponine does feel like a bit of a stretch.

Have you considered:

Euphemia
    Efa
    Efea
    Effemy
    Last edited by sunshine kid; April 15th, 2013 at 06:38 AM.
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I do kinda like Effemy is it a "real" name?

I have struggled to find a good "full name" for Eppie so I feel your pain!

How about:
    Saffron
    Sophronie/Sophronia

I even think Effie could work with a name like Fern or Fiona.
    Not expecting, just planning and building lists!

Especially in some regional accents, I could definitely see the leap from Eppie to Effie being minimal. (In other areas, it may seem somewhat stretchy). I think it works.
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico, Gianfranco, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa, Valerio
    Katarina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Romana, Alba, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirellina, Arianell, Sonia, Talia, Cordelia, Leona/Leonie