Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Ruhama or Ruchama means "mercy" or "compassion." I like Rue as a nickname too.

Aletha/Alethea means "truth."

Hanan means grace/mercy/compassion. It is used for boys in Hebrew (the female form being Hannah) and used itself for girls in Arabic. If you count the grace meaning and Hannah one could reasonably branch out to all the etymological descendents of Hannah, which are the entire Anne/Anna family.

Anna, Hannah, Anya, Anita, karis, Charisse, annalie are just a few I've found. I have two nieces, both born in June, both have names that are a derivative of grace (grace and Karis). I am due to have a daughter on the fourth of July, so my husband and I have been looking at this too in case we have to keep with the pattern....small world:-) Good Luck!

Grace and variants: Graciana, Graciella, Gracinda, Graceline.
    Clemency and variants: Clementine, Clemence, Clementia.
    In Japanese names, the "ma" sound is usually spelt with the character meaning "true" - so that gives you Mai, Manami, Mayu, Maya, Mariko, and many other options.
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsbr87 View Post
    Anna, Hannah, Anya, Anita, karis, Charisse, annalie are just a few I've found. I have two nieces, both born in June, both have names that are a derivative of grace (grace and Karis). I am due to have a daughter on the fourth of July, so my husband and I have been looking at this too in case we have to keep with the pattern....small world:-) Good Luck!
    Congrats on your little girl! Fun the cousins have summer birthdays! I love the idea of truth/mercy/justice, even though my son's name doesn't directly mean these (Atticus Nathaniel = from Athens, Gift of God) but Atticus is so strongly associated with the just and noble Atticus Finch, so when I tried nailing down the "feel" of our naming style, and what I hold as important (I have Prov. 3:3 on my necklace "let not mercy and truth forsake you") I want a girl's name that conveys this!
    No Reserves. No Retreats. No Regrets.

Maybe Johanna (God is gracious)? Or some variation? Joanna is mentioned in Luke 8 with the parable of the sower. May be a nice compliment to proverbs 3:3.