Results 1 to 5 of 15
April 14th, 2013 12:06 PM #1Junior Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2012
Need a girl's name that sounds good with our last name!
I don't want my baby girl to sound like a super hero or a hippy so what names go with the last name "Snow"? Leaning towards Renee (a family name) as her middle name...
So far Rowan and Willow are on the short list but I worry they may sound a little bit too earthy. I am not in to super feminine names - and love the idea of a connection to nature.
April 14th, 2013 12:50 PM #3Junior Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2013
I'm struggling with this too! My last name is also one syllable... I understand your frustration. Something people have suggested to me is that 3 syllable names sound pretty. Some names that may work:
April 14th, 2013 12:53 PM #5
April 14th, 2013 01:02 PM #7
I think the problem with noun names with noun surnames, like Willow Snow and Rowan Snow is that it sounds like a Yankee Candle or the name of a street. So I think you're better off avoiding nouns....
April 14th, 2013 01:08 PM #9
Ok, let's see...
- Aeron, Aeronwen, Aeronwy (Aeron is a river in Wales; Aeronwy was used by Welsh poet Dylan Thomas for his daughter who was conceived at the banks of said river)
- Branwen (means beautiful raven)
- Briallen (means primrose)
- Chloe (means green shoot)
- Cicely (Myrrhis Odorata aka Sweet Cicely)
- Daphne (means laurel)
- Eilonwy (might derive from the Welsh word eilon which means dear/stag)
- Embla (means elm tree, first woman in Norse mythology)
- Morgan, Morgana (means sea circle)
- Olwen (means white footprint, a beautiful maiden in Welsh mythology who was so gentle white lilies appeared wherever she walked)
- Rhosyn (rose)
- Seren (star)
For what it's worth, I really love Willow Snow! It's gorgeous, poetic and romantic!
Last edited by ottilie; April 14th, 2013 at 01:23 PM. Reason: my ipad don't always agree with what I'm trying to say...My darling Roo, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014