Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My list...

Hybrid View

My list...

Just looking for opinions, middle name/sibling combos, and any suggestions you might have. :) Any untraditional spellings are intentional.

Boy:

Roscoe
    Dashiel
    Torrin
    Jacob
    Eugene
    Walt
    Sebastian
    Oliver
    Court
    Ezekiel
    Archer
    Todd
    Jack
    Hugh
    Bruce
    Bruno
    Jade
    Calvin
    Hugo
    Heath
    Thaddeus
    Alaric
    Gideon
    Maxwell
    Vincent

Girl:

Annika
    Summer
    Elouise
    Louise
    Liesl
    Miriam
    Roselind
    Helena
    Artemis
    Casady
    Lisette
    Lyra
    Lydia
    Matilda
    Renne (pronounced like Wren)
    Lorain
    Genevieve
    Gwendolyn
    Gwenyth
    Colette
    Cosette
    Penelope
    Persephone

These are the ones that really stood out to me:

Roscoe
    Dashiel
    Torrin
    Archer
    Jade - would love to see this on a boy.
    Calvin
    Hugo
    Thaddeus
    Alaric
    Gideon
    Maxwell

I think Calvin and Hugo would make really cool brothers.

Annika
    Liesl
    Miriam
    Roselind
    Artemis
    Gwendolyn
    Gwenyth
    Penelope
    Persephone

Gwendolyn and Penelope would make great sisters, IMO.

Girls- Winter, Eden, Colette, River, Charlotte.
    Boys- Atticus, Eliot, Milo, Gideon, Malcolm.

Roscoe - Pretty cool name, especially the nicknames Ros or Roe. Would make a very unique kid.
    Torrin - Like this one too. The only problem I see is if he ended up with the nickname Torri, which I really hate on guys.
    Eugene - Shabby chic? Sophisticated? Ironic? Whichever it is, it's a revival of an old name and I like that. I know a kid in my stage tech class named Eugene. Everyone just calls him E.J.
    Sebastian - Always loved this name. Some say its pretentious, but I always thought of it as adventurous and unique.
    Oliver - Always liked this one too, even though my name is Olivia. It also means elf ruler and that's rad.
    Court - Do NOT name a boy Court or Courtney in this day and age. They will be bullied. I've seen it happen.
    Ezekiel - Very cute. Zeke is adorable, and very unique.
    Archer - Cute!
    Jack - I like it, but now that its gotten revived, they're all over the place! Especially Jackson or Jaxon.
    Bruce - Very cute when a little boy, manly when he's older. I love oo sounding names!
    Bruno - Same goes with this one!
    Jade - Not sure how I feel about this on a boy, but I guess he could be called Jay.
    Hugo - See Bruce!
    Thaddeus - I know a kid with this name. He's chubby and dumpy, and that's all I can see when I hear this name. :/
    Alaric - Very cool, except I'm not fond of nicknames Al or Rick. Would be a cool sibling to an Oliver.
    Gideon - Love this name. I could see a knight being named this!
    Maxwell - Very cute, very traditional. I adore the nickname Max more than Maxwell, though.
    Vincent - I've never been particularly fond of this name, but its old and being revived, which I can appreciate.

Girl:

Annika - Very chic twist to Anne.
    Summer - Warm and sweet.
    Elouise - Cute, since I love Lou. Nickname could be Ellie or Lou!
    Louise - Same!
    Liesl - I actually don't like this... I didn't know how to pronounce it.
    Miriam - I like the nickname Miri better than the actual name.
    Roselind - Beautiful, but becoming popular again.
    Helena - Strong and feminine; my type of name!
    Artemis - Same as Helena, but with an other-wordly, awesome history!
    Casady - Interesting spin on the spelling, but would often be misspelled.
    Lyra - My brother loves this name. I think its beautiful.
    Lydia - Very pretty, but I see this a lot in Nebraska. A coworker of mine was named this, and it got confusing since it sounds like Olivia!
    Matilda - Very cute. Tilly is a nickname I prefer over Mattie.
    Renne (pronounced like Wren) - Why not just Wren or Wrenne, then? I love Wren.
    Lorain - Blaaarrgggaa. I like the nickname Rain better.
    Genevieve - Beautiful and classic; I've always loved it with Josephine.
    Gwendolyn - Beautiful and classic, except I could see a beautiful elf named this (love that!)
    Gwenyth - Same!!
    Penelope - Cute and quirky. Penny or Nell are adorable nicknames.
    Persephone - Took me a bit to end up liking this. Very quirky but also with an awesome history!
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen

I used the spelling Roselind because I'd pronounce it ROSE-lind, not Ros-a-lind.

And I didn't even think of the Courtney association for Court! I always thought of it like a king's court, or in that sort of context. Thanks for pointing it out!

Liesl is pronounced LEE-zul, with the u practically not there. LEE-zl. It's from The Sound of Music, one of my favorite movies.

With Renne, I picked this spelling because I don't like the way Ws look, and Ren wasn't feminine enough. I'm weird, haha.

I really like all the sibsets and combos mentioned! Super cute.

Any more input would be greatly appreciated!