Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    If they'd gone with a Mi, or mee sounding name it'd have worked. Alas they did not, so it doesn't.
    Laurel - 21 - Aries - Slytherin - University of Toronto

I am a bit befuddled by Mila, as well! I love Margaret Laura, and I think Maggie or Greta would have been adorable (even Mae or Daisy!), but I just don't get Mila at all, haha. Either way, she has a lovely name.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I like it! I didn't know she had the baby, but Margaret Laura sounds like family names. The la part is obviously from Laura. Personally I dislike Maisie. Margie and Meg/giey sound dated. I like Mila. I could see her being Maggie or something when she gets older. A nickname is hardly set in stone. But I think Mila is cute anyway. Despite my personal feelings, I think it's lovely.
    I don't know much about her husband or his family. It's possible there's another Margaret or Maggie and that's why they went with Mila. My favorite Margaret's call themselves Margaret.

I like it. It's a lovely name and it will age well. Yes, the nn Mila is a bit of a stretch. I kinda see how they got it--the M from Margaret, and the -la from Laura. I don't think it's more of a stretch than Peg from Margaret!
    Proud furmom to:
    Pepper, Kuno, Mia, Rosalind, Gwendolen & Cecily
    Currently loving:
    Elysia Maeve~Marina Isolde~Linnea Violetta~Minerva Sophronia~Merida Ianthe~Eleni Finola
    Tiernan Hugo~Felix Lysander~Orion Casimir~Caspian Milo~Evander Anslem~Leonidas Gavin
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cosima Helene & Emrys Jasper

Margaret Laura is divine. The full name is a tad bit heavy on A's though. I can appreciate the attempt to give her a modern nn with a clunky first name and since when does a nn HAVE to reflect the given name?
    若兰

I'm just a third-culture girl with an affinity for names.

In loving memory of Margot