Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: WHAT IS THE BEST NAME TO PAIR WITH CHLOE?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • DELANI

2 6.45%
  • SAMANTHA

26 83.87%
  • IRELAND

1 3.23%
  • MACEN

3 9.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Chloe's little sister...

Having trouble with the second girls' name...delani, macen, ireland or samantha?

Samantha is the only one I like. Delani will always get spelled wrong and has the same ending sound as Chloe. Macen... I don't know if its Mason trying to be yooneek. Ireland is cute but I would still choose the classic Samantha as a sister to Chloe.

Samantha all the way. I don't like the other three names at all. Would you consider Samara as an alternative to Samantha? Samara is spunky and energetic like Chloe and doesn't feel dated like Samantha does.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    History student, name nerd, and general geek.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

By Delani do you mean Delaney? My instinct would be to pronounce Delani De-LAH-nee or DEL-a-nee instead of De-LAY-nee, so I suggest spelling it correctly if that's not what you're going for. Macen sounds like a cleaning product. Ireland isn't a name, it's a place, and if your daughter ever wants to travel in Europe you've basically guaranteed her a miserable time. Samantha is a real name with a solid history, so while it's NMS, I'd say Samantha.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

I'm with the others--Samantha. Chloe and Samantha are lovely together, and with a feminine name like Chloe, and don't think you can really do something as masculine as Macen/Mason, and while I think Chloe and Delaney would be fine, I don't know that Delani works as well. Though popular, I think Chloe still looks classy and beautiful--Delani just looks trendy, and I agree that it might get some pronunciation issues. Chloe and Samantha, though, are lovely together.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George