Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Royal names?

Royal names?

I'm working on a story that involves teenage royals (girls) from many countries. It is set in the future (some of the countries who have abolished monarchies have brought them back), but I'd like to keep some of the same naming styles as today. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Some of them are hard because there isn't a lot of royal history to go on and draw names from, which is where I'm having trouble.

1. Belgium (right now I'm working with Marie Joséphine Caroline Elisabeth - what do you think?)
    2. Denmark
    3. Greece
    4. Netherlands
    5. Portugal (Maria Ana Leonor Beatriz)
    6. Russia (Tatiana Aleksandrovna)
    7. Sweden (Astrid Victoria Christina Ingrid)

Like I said, any help at all would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by second_star; April 14th, 2013 at 05:08 PM.
    It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.
    Vera ~ Alexandra ~ Maria ~ Lillian ~ Julia
    Louis ~ Frederick ~ Leander ~ Alexander ~ James

I don't like the name, Louisa in Denmark. If I were you, I'd go with a Dagmar or Caroline. So her name would be; Dagmar Ingrid Caroline Margarethe. I'm not fond of the name Christiana, since it seems as a misspelling of the name Christina
    I don't know anything about other countries. ._.
    Proud creator of
    Emmanuelle, Leo Elliot, Eli Cecil, Skylla, Hian, Jules, Alicia, Nicodemus, Eamon, Andrew, Seventeen, Aurel, Blodfyr & Idra

Dagmar Selene ~ Lystra Science ~ Linde Harriet ~ Oswald Seth ~ Laurel Bellamy ~

I really like Louisa, but since you're from Denmark, I'll take your word for it! I'm not quite sure about Dagmar - it just doesn't really seem to fit the character I have in mind. Caroline is nice, but again - I don't know if it quite fits the character. Caroline seems softer to me, and the character is very tough and independent. Christiana I got from playing around with Christian, but I agree that it is pretty close to Christina (especially since Christina is used elsewhere). Thanks for your help!
    It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.

Then use the name Louise - Louisooh - is the dancing way of pronouncing it, but Isabella or Ivalu (though it's from Greenland) would fit a royal girl too. ^^
    Proud creator of
    Emmanuelle, Leo Elliot, Eli Cecil, Skylla, Hian, Jules, Alicia, Nicodemus, Eamon, Andrew, Seventeen, Aurel, Blodfyr & Idra

Dagmar Selene ~ Lystra Science ~ Linde Harriet ~ Oswald Seth ~ Laurel Bellamy ~

Thanks! I like Louise and Isabella, but I'm not quite sure about Ivalu. It's definitely interesting, though!