Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Emily vs Elena

Emily vs Elena

Having trouble deciding between Elena and Emily. We are not sure what we're having yet, but we have pretty much determined a boys name. Having trouble with the girls name. I've loved both names for as long as I can remember. Emily is obviously more popular, but I love all of the NN options (Em, Emmie, Milly). I love Elena for the same reason I love Emily...it's classic, simple and strong. But it's far less popular, which is more attractive to me. MN will most likely be Grace due to heritage/family name. Which is the overall better choice? Would love some opinions. Thanks!

Additional Info: Big brother's name is Nolan Daniel!

Elena Grace just flows SO much better IMO. And the fact that it's less popular makes it all the more appealing.

I think the nn Leni would be really cute as well for Elena.
    Mama to ~Rowan Josephine 1/12~
    and ~Teagan Dahlia~ 5/13~

Elena is to me, SO much better than Emily. Nothing wrong with Emily, but you have to admit is quite plain/common. Elena has a similar aesthetic, but is much fresher. I love the nickname "Elle" for a teen.
    Latest list:

Girl: Lulu, Eden
    Boy: Leo, Wallace, Grady

Mommy to one sweet little boy who I loved naming Lennox Andrew Michael (Lex for short)

Elena, without a doubt. It's a much prettier name, in my opinion. I love all the nickname options too -- Elle, Ellie, Ella, Laine, Lainey, Lena.

I love Emilia, but Emily is ok. Elena is much prettier and, if that sort of thing factors into your decision, much less popular.
    Mi corazón Zoe Milena
    Little Nugget due December 2016