Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I think it's difficult to nail down a strong name exactly. I tend to think of German names... The first I thought of was Millicent (and then I looked it up and it means strong!) but I like the original form Melisende even better. Other names that I though of: Bryony, Gretchen, Deborah, Joan, Louise, Marcheline, Rosamund.

Alexandra
    Helen
    Lydia
    Victoria
    Michelle
    Rebekah
    Allison - i know woman called these and for various reasons they are strong so in my mind these are strong names?!
    Already blessed with a daughter Ella Paige and now planning number 2!!
    Current favourites include:
    Girls - Lois, Ava, Genevieve, Sophie, Ines & Alice
    Boys - Luca, Arlo, Evan, Leo, Tomas & Henry
    Combos - Lois Genevieve & Evan Henry

I tend to think that shorter names sound stronger: Scout, Beth, Ruth, Eve, Leigh, Anya. Two names which are now my favourite girls names (ever, probably) which I think are very strong and pretty but not frilly: Roberta and Erika - so much love! Also; Athena and Minerva (great twin names in my opinion). And then some random last minute suggestions which I've just thought of: Imogen, Heidi, Freya, and Phoebe.
    Current Loves: Tobias Henry and Sebastian Keith

I've always felt that these names were strong and beautiful without being masculine:
    Alexandra
    Charlotte
    Adrianna
    Miranda
    Victoria
    Valentina
    Katherine nn Kate
    Blake
    Scarlett
    Hopeless romantic and proud momma of two princesses:
    Isabella Jane & Vanessa Rose

Quote Originally Posted by milliemm View Post
    I tend to think that shorter names sound stronger: Scout, Beth, Ruth, Eve, Leigh, Anya. Two names which are now my favourite girls names (ever, probably) which I think are very strong and pretty but not frilly: Roberta and Erika - so much love! Also; Athena and Minerva (great twin names in my opinion). And then some random last minute suggestions which I've just thought of: Imogen, Heidi, Freya, and Phoebe.
    I think of shorter names too!
    Just a teenage writer with a fascination for names!