Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thefuturemrsb View Post
    I personally would love to use Remus and Romulus (or Remy and Roman) on twin boys but DH isn't too into it.
    Me too! I would love to have
    B/G: Remy & Romola
    B/B: Remy & Roman
    B/B or B/G: Remy & Romilly
    I only like Remus as a mn so I'd go with a filler fn, like Daniel Remus nn Remy or Wolf

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Arden
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Blaise * Linden

Thank you all for the feedback! I figured that this theme was not really subtle, but I am glad to see that people do not find it extremely tacky either. I probably would only end up using a few of these names mixed with some others that were not colors.
    @sidura: I'm glad you like Hazel and Lilac together! Hazel is a long-time favorite and there is a good possibility that I will eventually end up using both names. I think the fact that both names have a nature association and a color association makes them less tacky for siblings.
    Not expecting, just planning and building lists!

I prefer more subtle links - Sybille Iolanthe and Violet Apolline, for example, which both have 'purpley' English names and French double -ll names. But a colour theme could work if you were subtle enough. The problem with themes altogether is that it becomes harder with each child to find a name which fits the theme, but you love just as much as the first one...which is why Berries like to plan ahead I suppose Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by nat108 View Post
    Me too! I would love to have
    B/G: Remy & Romola
    B/B: Remy & Roman
    B/B or B/G: Remy & Romilly
    I only like Remus as a mn so I'd go with a filler fn, like Daniel Remus nn Remy or Wolf
    If only the other halves would go for it. Mine said if he has to pick a set of brothers he wants to use Dante and Virgil from the Devil May Cry video game series.

Quote Originally Posted by nat108 View Post
    Themes are nice as long as they aren't super obvious.

The only one that's on the nose is Cobalt. Some more subtle names

Cole
    Bruno
    Reid
    Sterling
    Rigel
    Blake
    Kieran
    Donovan
    Jasper
    I agree with this. I think most of the names you suggested are fairly obvious but there are so many options out there for great color names that aren't Ginger, Scarlett, Violet, or Bluebell that I'm sure you could find something great.

Other more subtle color names include:
    Bianca, Hunter, Kelly, Tanner, Amber, Raven, Blaine, Devin, Farley, Bowie, Keira, Rory, Sherlock, Orrin, and Phyllis.
    Last edited by lexiem; April 15th, 2013 at 11:57 AM.
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)