Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I don't like Roan as a person name. Roan is a horse color, and I know several horses named Roany! If you're not in a horsey area, then you might be able to get away with it.

Hazel and Lilac would make a very adorable sibset! I like Nat's suggestions.
    Proud furmom to:
    Pepper, Kuno, Mia, Rosalind, Gwendolen & Cecily
    Currently loving:
    Elysia Maeve~Marina Isolde~Linnea Violetta~Minerva Sophronia~Merida Ianthe~Eleni Finola
    Tiernan Hugo~Felix Lysander~Orion Casimir~Caspian Milo~Evander Anslem~Leonidas Gavin
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cosima Helene & Emrys Jasper

Subtle sibset themes are actually a GP of mine and while I wouldn't call the sibset of Hazel, Cobalt, Roan & Lilac tacky exactly, (I've seen tackier ones) I don't think that the theme is subtle at all.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    I don't think the example you gave was particularly subtle, but the idea-- of a subtle link-- isn't too bad. As long as it doesn't make the children feel like they came as part of a boxed set.
    I think Blade said it perfectly.

Your example wasn't really subtle as most people would clearly recognize most of those as being colors. Something that bold would be better off as a middle name imo. I like more subtle themes such as all names having the same origin.
    “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.”
    -George R.R. Martin

alyssa ϟ twenty-one ϟ usa ϟ name lover

If I ever have a baby, I would name him or her:
    Charlotte Matilda |Augustus Henry

Anastasia Louise, Clara Penelope, Amelia Caitlin / Aiden James, Jase Alexander, Renly Isaac
    +more

I don't like same letter sibsets. My older uncle and both aunts have the same initials SJW and then my mom and younger uncle (from my grandpa's 2nd marriage) are WBW and RDW. It showed how seperate they were.
    I prefer more subtle ones or bold ones for middles. I personally would love to use Remus and Romulus (or Remy and Roman) on twin boys but DH isn't too into it. I like any "set" pair from history/mythology really (Artemis and Apollo).
    DH likes using nature names as middles for girls. His picks are Hacinthia/Hycinthia, Snow and Starr which are all tied to nature but not enough that its completely obvious is you saw Blaire H. and Lilith S. on forms or such.
    Last edited by thefuturemrsb; April 14th, 2013 at 01:15 AM.
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire

I'm not too keen on a color name set, but don't have any good reasoning for my dislike. I kind of like letter sets. The thought of siblings names Oberon, Ondine, and Osias... or Ignatus, Ianthe, and Isannah... seems lovely to me. But I can't think of any other 'sets' I'd really like. Which is a problem for me, since nearly all my favorite girl names are floral. I hope I never have more than one daughter.
    Boys: Ignatius, Hieronymus, Casimir, Osias, Ludovic, Hesperus, Calixto, Aurelius
    Girls: Amarantha, Jacintha, Isannah, Chrysantha, Jonquil, Oleanna, Esmeranda