Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hypothetical Sibset Theme Idea (Tacky or Somewhat Subtle?)

Last night I realized that using color names for a large sibling group might be really cool. I think there is enough variety in names that describe color that one might be able to pull it off without being too tacky.

Here is a potential idea:
    Hazel, Cobalt, Roan, & Lilac

So, I was just hoping for some Berry opinions! Do you like this idea? Is the theme just subtle enough or do you find it tacky?

Thanks!
    Not expecting, just planning and building lists!

I generally find themes a bit tacky, I'm afraid, unless they're so subtle it's more of a family secret thing (like the meanings are related, or the stories from which they come are related). I would name a sibset in a story I was writing a theme like this, or I would use names like this for middles, but not real life siblings' first names.

I don't think the example you gave was particularly subtle, but the idea-- of a subtle link-- isn't too bad. As long as it doesn't make the children feel like they came as part of a boxed set.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

It really depends.
    This is very helpful,I know lol
    I think it depends on the theme. Movie/book characters wouldn't be to bad, considering there's a broad spectrum that can be covered (as long as it's not all in one movie/book)
    I despise themes in which the sibset begin with all the same letter.
    I don't like the color theme idea at all. It's not very subtle in my opinion, especially when you browse through the paint section at the hardware store.
    Alexis
    teen berry
    excuse my username

Themes are nice as long as they aren't super obvious.

The only one that's on the nose is Cobalt. Some more subtle names

Cole
    Bruno
    Reid
    Sterling
    Rigel
    Blake
    Kieran
    Donovan
    Jasper

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Blaise * Greer
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Linden * Arden