Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saffron

Saffron

Here's an article that I read about the meaning of Saffron.
    http://firstandmiddlebabynames.wordp...ry-of-saffron/
    My personal name list on behindthename: http://www.behindthename.com/pnl/89873/89696.
    My List of Name Combos: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9745611
    Please vote.

"with gold petals". What a lovely definition! I'm not one that pays attention to the definition of names unless the definition itself is what got me interested in the first place. For example, Cameron means crooked nose. I wouldn't not name my child Cameron if I truly loved the name just because of the unfortunate definition. However, I fell in love with the name Maeve because it means intoxicating. So I guess I don't really care about the definition unless it's a particularly good or interesting one.
    “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.”
    -George R.R. Martin

alyssa ϟ twenty-one ϟ usa ϟ name lover

If I ever have a baby, I would name him or her:
    Charlotte Matilda |Augustus Henry

Anastasia Louise, Clara Penelope, Amelia Caitlin / Aiden James, Jase Alexander, Renly Isaac
    +more

I love the name Saffron! A couple of weeks ago, I posted some of my favourite names on here and got good feedback, except for Saffron! A lot of people really disliked it. Personally, I think it's a lovely name. It's meaning is pretty, but I'm not at all concerned about name meanings. I'd like Saffron no matter what it meant! Hopefully your article will get some people thinking differently about this cute name!
    TTC #1

Alice - Beatrix - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Harriet - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Um..that's nice, I guess. I didn't know there was any mystery about Saffron but good for the author for finding what she was looking for

Saffron is a nice name, girl or boy. I love off-beat nature names but not everyone can pull them off

Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Fox * Greer
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Linden * Arden

Saffron has been growing on me lately. Like most geeks, I associate it with the backstabbing con artist played by Christina Hendricks on Firefly, but for some reason that doesn't make me like it any less.

Sarahmezz, I'm a bit surprised you received negative feedback. Anyone who dislikes Saffron care to weigh in?
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Belphoebe Cosima Sybella Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr