Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Avia?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeacelove View Post
    I read it as Ah-vi-uh first because I have a friend named Aviva that pronounces it Uh-vi-vuh. I can totally see it as Ay-vi-uh though. I quite like it. I think I like Ay-vi-uh best.
    Thanks for the input! I think Av-i-uh sounds fine, I just like Ay-vi-uh a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by argenta_genova View Post
    I'm a little lost on the pronunciation. I would pronounce it Ay-vee-uh... but you seem to be saying the I is strong, like the pronoun I (eye)? It looks very pretty written down.
    Nope, by Ay-vi-uh I mean it with a "vee" sound like you think. I guess I should have been more clear aha.

Quote Originally Posted by cpc View Post
    When I see that name I only think of Avia West a time share company, so I prefer something like Aviva. At first glance I would pronounce it Ah-vee-uh
    I guess we all have different associations! Apparently it's also a shoe company, but that doesn't bother me.
    Favourites at the moment ♥

Leah, Sophie, Claire, Scarlett, Madeleine, Selena, Jillian, Nina, Mila, Hazel, Annabelle, Genevieve, Lily, Justine, Isabelle, Olivia
    Dominic, Elias, Graham, Noel, Chase, Mattias, Dean, Blake, Daniel, Julian, Ronan

Quote Originally Posted by shanbrownie View Post
    I think Avia is pretty. Before opening the thread I assumed it was pronounced Ay-vee-uh. Like Ava with an extra syllable. I do prefer the less complicated Ava, but I can definitely see the appeal.
    Thanks for the input. I really do like how it's just that little bit different from Ava.
    Favourites at the moment ♥

Leah, Sophie, Claire, Scarlett, Madeleine, Selena, Jillian, Nina, Mila, Hazel, Annabelle, Genevieve, Lily, Justine, Isabelle, Olivia
    Dominic, Elias, Graham, Noel, Chase, Mattias, Dean, Blake, Daniel, Julian, Ronan

I really like Avia (ay-vee-uh), it's refreshing and unique.
    http://www.onceuponatimebabynames.com/
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9772380 (please vote!)

Just lurking since the birth of my son S. G. A.
    Zorina, Faustine, Castalia, Vasilisa, Oriana, Anaxandra, Sebastiana
    ... Alaric, Silvan, Alistair, Stellan, Rainer, Caspian, Theron, Salvatore

I just can't think of anything except 'aviary' when I see it. I also think it looks as if someone really wanted to use 'Ava' but was worried it was too common.

Overall, not a fan.

SO weird to see this! Avia is a name that caught my attention and kind of made me go looking for names and put me on my road t name-nerdom and this was almost a decade ago!

It's not my style anymore but I think it's a nice name. It's Hebrew, a variant spelling of Aviya, which is a unisex name - in the Bible, Abijah was used on both men and women, so it's got interesting, unisex roots.