Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alzora View Post
    Lol...I didn't mean for my comment to be taken entirely seriously. That's why I scattered a few smileys throughout and preceded it with, "Honestly I don't think there are any significant reasons why even or odd would be better...." I agree that these silly reasons are nothing to base family size on, but for the sake of answering the original question, all I could come up with was the ease of fair sharing among even-numbered families. You are right though, of course, that odd-numbered families can be just as happy as any even-numbered family, and I was just having some fun with the original question.
    I guess I should've added some smileys too!!! I didn't take it seriously, seriously
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    I guess I should've added some smileys too!!! I didn't take it seriously, seriously
    Phew! Maybe you should have an odd number of kids and I'll have an even number of kids, and we'll compare notes someday. We'll settle this question once and for all. May the best team win! :P

I don't have a strong preference either way. Three feels like a good number, four feels like too many for me personally. If we have a boy next, I can see us stopping at two or going for a tie-breaker. If we have another girl next, I'd probably want to try for a boy (and then be divinely happy anyway if we ended up with 3 girls!).

Of course we're both onlys, so the sibling dynamics thing is a whole new ballgame.
    mom to livvy jozefa 7.10.13

I don't have any strong feelings either way. We're set on having two now, but I wouldn't not have a third just cause of uneven numbers. I don't think it makes a big difference either way.

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.

For some reason I am drawn to odd numbers. I would rather have 7 or 9 kids instead of 8. I think it just seems too neat to me.