Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Help us find a name for Leonard's sister?

She's due in September and we're completely stuck. I've snooped around Nameberry for the past couple of months, reading through endless amounts of lists and threads, but we've decided it's time to get a move on and make an actual list rather than pages of jumbled notes - and it's harder than I thought.
    I'm English, DH is French-American so we need names that work both in both languages (we currently live in Scotland, but his family are all in France and we're likely to move there sometime in the next 5 years).

Our firstborn was so easy - Leonard Cyrille. Leonard was a name we both loved, has a French and English history but wasn't overly popular (Leo, on the other hand is super trendy in France but we only tend to shorten it to Lo), he was born in August and we liked the Leonard Cohen reference Cyrille is DH's grandfather's name and it just felt right.

Anyway, our 'list' is pages long, but ones which keep coming up in conversation are;
    Romilly
    Delphine
    Athena
    Rosemary
    Ramona
    Brigitte - We both like this but is very dated in France, since she'd probably be going to school there I'm not sure
    Genevieve - see above.
    Ophelie
    Agatha
    Lux
    Ethel
    Paloma
    Marisol
    Livia
    Esther
    Juliet(te)
    Clara
    Sixtine
    Ottilie
    Jean

Obviously, our taste is all over the place. A mixture of very French, very English and some neither. Leonard would have been Emma Dorothy after my grandmother and his mother, but Emma is so popular in France at the minute and DH's sister has a little Dorothea.

Any input would be wonderful!