Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The name rule. :/

Hi all.

I've not been on here long - but have already been told naming my daughter, the middlename of my first daughter, is NOT a good idea. What are your views on this? Is this an ABSOLUTE, No-No? =/

&.. what are your rules regarding giving your child the same middle names? I like different/unique names, but as you can see on my signature, there all fairly popular names.. and alot have the middle name -Leigh, or -Rose, or -Mae .. as I love hyphened names aswell. So what's the deal? As long as your children don't have the same first names, like George I, George II, Andrew I, Andrew II etc, does it matter, honestly? :/

Cheers
    ♡ Matthew ♡
    ♡ Mackenzie ♡ & ♡ Phoebe ♡
    ♡ My Whole World ♡

I would try to avoid that because there are so many beautiful names in the world. However, if it is the ONLY name you love, then its not the worst thing in the world. I just find it a bit unoriginal.

I just know that if I had my sister's middle name as my first I'd feel kinda jipped--like my mother was trying to make me in to my sister.
    Also, my mother called us by our first and middle names often (especially when we were in trouble)--so if my sister was in trouble and being yelled at "Sadie Robin!" and my name was Robin, I'd feel like my mom was yelling for me when I didn't do anything....know what I mean? It just presents problems.

I think it's okay to use the same middle name, especially if it's important to you. If my sister and I both had the same middle name, I think it would be an interesting connection--not particularly weird. Just not super original, as has been stated.
    Livy/Lucy : Geneva/Gwen : Coralie/Alice : Noelle/Eve
    Eli/Bennett : Jude/Zane: Luke/Leo : Levi/Phineas

How about if you had a Ruby Leigh, Kiera Leigh, Jamie Leigh etc - bit too unoriginal? =/ My daughters mn is Teagan, and I really love the look, sound, and meaning of it - it ACTUALLY means something to me lol so it's not just picked because I couldn't be bothered to look for another name haha.
    ♡ Matthew ♡
    ♡ Mackenzie ♡ & ♡ Phoebe ♡
    ♡ My Whole World ♡

My mother and her only sibling, my aunt, have the same middle. And I was just told yesterday that a friend gave each of her three children the same, unisex family name on two girls and a boy.
    I wouldn't personally give the same because there are so many names I love and want to use that I gotta spread them out! LOL! Plus it gives me a way to deepen the meaning of each child's name. I figure they already share a last name. I don't think it's a big deal either day. It might be fun to be connected to your sibs in a secret way like that.
    Mama to Belle & Pip
    Wife, mother, farmer, friend and doula.