Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

But we really love Cyril !!!

this is really frustrating me so sorry if i go on a bit!....

we found out recently that our twins will be a boy and a girl. We pretty much have the girl name sorted but the boy is killing me!

we love Cyril!.....like adore it but our major problem is our three year old is Sybil. My husband basically says "who cares if we have a Cyril and a Sybil" but to me, it is really obvious how close they are and it bugs me.

i love names and always have and i am one for "the names have to go together". Our style is definatly traditional vintage edge. I have tried to spell Cyril, Cyrille but it doesnt work for me because i have to have it spelled the "correct" way. We have considered other names but something just keeps tugging everytime we come back to Cyril. Whats more i love how its such an unusual name for this day and age and he wont be one of twenty with the same name in his class at school (like i was!).

our other considerations have been:

Edwin
    Arthur
    Rupert
    Archibald

please give us your opinions!......what do you say?......find a different name or go with Cyril?

Cyrus, Cyan, Cyprian... Cyrillus? I think Sybill and Cyril are way too close for siblings.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I think Sybil and Cyril are a little to close.

I really like Edwin and Arthur form your list.

I was going to suggest Cyrus, but Ottilie beat me to it.
    Mama Bear to Serenity (gone January 17th, 2011) and Luther Wolf

Agree that they are far too close. Btw I know a baby Cyril (9m old) and it is a very sweet name on a young one.

I think -bald is not something to saddle a boy with, despite the cute, ubiquitous nn Archie. I much prefer Edmund to Edwin, personally, and think Rupert is another tough one to wear well.

Wallace
    seconding Cyrus
    Vincent
    Ambrose
    Cassius / Cassian
    Clement
    Aidric
    Marcellus
    Thaddeus
    Forsythe
    Alden
    Osmond
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq

Why not just Cy? It worked for Cy Twombly....
    Girls: Sophie, Delphine, Eleanore
    Boys: Christopher "Topher", Gray, Aurelian "Rex"